Springsteen Japanese CD's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peter, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter

peter Senior Member Thread Starter

Springsteen Jap. CD's

Right no on ebay, there two Jap. Boss Cd's from 1995, Born To Run and Born In The USA. Both are 1995 issue in mini LP sleeves, featuring 20 bit SBM. My question is has anyone heard these and if so, how do they compare to the 1999 mini LP sleeves issue? I have 3 of the 1999 set (Asbury; Wild/Innocent & Darkness) and I like them a lot, sound wise. never have heard the American ones though. I do know that the Jap. ones from 1999 were NOT remastered, but they still sound very very good. I'd really love some comments.

2. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

Sorry peter,

the correct abbreviation is JPN. Just to avoid possibly hurting someone who is reading. Thanks.;)

3. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I have the 20 bit Japanese Born in the USA. About the same as the US original CD. Sonically it's not very good. The best sound for BITUSA is the vinyl. I haven't heard the 20 bit Japanese Born to Run. I love the gold disc CD of Born to Run.

Joe

4. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

Re: Springsteen Jap. CD's

Hi Peter,

Didn't in any way mean to bring your thread down.

I looked on eBay and saw that there are many of these SBM Springsteen CDs being offered. I currently have the 20-bit BTR, and think it's ok. I would really like it if Sony decided to remaster the rest of the lot. IMHO they do look legitimate. However I can't find any information about them on Tower Records, CD Universe or CDNow, so they must not me marketing them to the US right now...to bad. I do not know how they compare to the 1999 releases.

5. peter

peter Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks everybody. No problem Gamma, I should've used JPN. and I will from here on out. These mini LP sleeve JPN. CD's drive me F***ING CRAZY. If you don't literally nab them when they are fist released you are out of luck. I think it's insane to drop your collecting efforts in every other area every time a particular artist's series are done. It seems I always grab the "wrong" ones in terms of collectability. I have all the Steely and the Velvets, plus a couple of T. Rex, but the Who and Sprigsteen ones are driving me up the wall. I sure hope someone reads this and has spares for sale. Maybe I need to post in classifieds more stuff I have doubles of.

6. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Peter, agreed. The mini-lps are all very limited. You almost need to drop everything when they introduce an artist you like if you want them.

mud-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.