Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

It's a mono mix for the video cirquit. I only they had released audio of the complete Phoenix show from '78...

azjvm05, JAuz, Lars1966 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

budwhite likes this.
  3. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I ripped the audio the day I got my Darkness box, as I guess a lot of folks did, in order to raise money they should have donated the proceeds from a new unreleased show that none of us have, that way it would have generated much more income.

4. And on Columbia! MUCH more money that way.
    And yeah this took no effort (hence it was more easily ready to release, right away).
    Would be nice if we heard he's donating millions of dollars from his Broadway thing to Houston, or just plain donating that much, he has the money...(not that I think this release is a bad thing, just saying, that would be truly great if he did that).

hodgo likes this.
  5. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

The thing with Bruce and this is a good thing, he apparently helps many more causes than we'll ever know about because he does it quietly.

azjvm05, Russ_B66, longdist01 and 6 others like this.
  6. The Punisher

The Punisher Well-Known Member

Why don't you donate a million dollars to Houston and let us know when that happens.....

#shocker

GLUDFSSR likes this.
  7. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I've pre-ordered the `Houston 1978' set even though I've yet to receive the `1977' CDs
    in the mail.

8. I'd be shocked if I HAD a million dollars!
    Tell you what, you find a way I can have near half a billion dollars like Bruce does, and man, I'll donate millions! :righton:

9. INSW

INSW Senior Member

They never get mentioned but about ten years ago someone gave E Street radio mixed soundboards of Bruce's 2000 and 2003 Christmas shows. I think the story was that Bruce had given Terry McGovern the recordings to pass on. Anyway, they're not officially part of the archives but they may as well be and they're two of the most enjoyable shows of the past two decades. Probably still up on the usual places.

dee, Jimmy B. and walrus like this.
  10. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Finally received the `Action In The Streets 1977' discs today in the mail - exactly one
    month from California to Canada. Guess what I'm spinning this weekend?!

johnny q likes this.
  11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Or the complete Arizona 1980 show. I don't have either box (way too pricy just for one or two live blu-rays still), so I'd have been interested in Arizona, since the quality is so good. It's fine that Houston is there, but I can't imagine anyone listening to it over the other circulating 1978 soundboard shows, official or otherwise. It's pretty lifeless as an audio-only document.

hodgo and superstar19 like this.
  12. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Let us know on the sound quality please.

13. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  15. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Agreed, even though over half of this was released on the 'Live In New York City' album in 2001. I just wonder when they'll release another 1978 show like the Roxy or Winterland??? :love:

ExHead, Jimmy B. and Sean Murdock like this.
  16. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

One would think one of those highly regarded, legendary shows would be on the "any day now" list, perhaps even a possibility for later in the fall. That said, Springsteen just reissued the audio from Houston '78, so there is always a chance one of the legendary 1978 broadcasts get pushed out to next year. Hopefully something from the early 1970's, 1975 or 1980 is issued before the end of the year.

17. It is, but I'm just not excited, I feel no rush like with the '77 shows where it was "YES!!! I GOTTA HAVE THESE!". I'm pretty sure I'll probably enjoy it when I get it, but I already have the IEM/audience matrix....I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a 1978 one I wanted, and would be a reunion tour one, but I figured 1999. I think the Reunion Tour was a great one.
    This is a great show; I'm worried about the mix though. If this was Clearmountain doing it, I'd be thrilled with 'em all.

Nosferatuz and budwhite like this.
  18. Winterland night 2, unless Columbia can release both as a box set - not a bad idea if Landau drools over money. It would sell well, I think - and blow away a ton of people - few know about these nugs ones.
    But yeah, if the guitar is turned up enough, please bring it on next month. I knew it would have been too good to be true.
    I think I'll pass on this for now - like you said - Live in NYC - and I don't know when I last listened to that, or to either version on downloads of this.

Edit: a full Roxy show on Columbia also as well as Winterland would be wonderful.
    And the full-color Passaic show, as it was filmed, on DVD and Blu-ray!

(wonder if the black and white show of Winterland will EVER find its way into the public? DAMN, that would be great! Make it both nights, yes yes!!!)

budwhite and hodgo like this.
  19. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Winterland night 1 is the one I'd want. Yes, I've had it on bootleg for over 30 years now, but to get it professionally mixed and in perfect sound quality?? Yes, please and thank-you! :tiphat:

budwhite, Sean Murdock and The Panda like this.
  20. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

the capitol in Passaic had an in house video system so the shows were on the screen but not really filmed for any future use. you can see lots of these on wolfgang's vault.

21. Yes, he has at least one charity that quietly helps people without invoking the Springsteen name. He also sends a large cheque to food banks in the cities he plays, again with no fanfare. He's very generous but he keeps it to himself.

22. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

The problem with all of the Reunion tour shows is that they look great on paper, but Bruce was still using that awful faux southern accent in his phrasing. Bums me out.

Nosferatuz, Sherman, Oatsdad and 3 others like this.
  23. The Punisher

The Punisher Well-Known Member

If you actually listen to this, you will realize you didn't get as much of this show as you thought you did on LINYC.

24. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Any Reunion Tour show has to be worth hearing at least once, well only once really, for that Sade out-take version of The River.

Nosferatuz and daveidmarx like this.
  25. INSW

INSW Senior Member

This is worth it if only for giving that Blood Brothers an official release of sorts. There have been lots of great shows but not that many legendary shows after 1985. This certainly is one of them.

ammoj2, walrus and Heart of Gold like this.