Bruce Springsteen - Live Archive Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris S., Aug 24, 2015.

1. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

Not had time to read this in full so apols if already answered but is it likely we’ll get his late 80s East Berlin show?

2. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Anything is possible. There have been a couple of Tunnel Of Love shows released already but the current releases seems to be a combination of what they have good tapes for and what Bruce has fond memories of.

Etienne Hanratty likes this.
  3. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I wish all the Bridge School Benefit shows got released. All artists. Missed opportunity in my opinion.

walrus likes this.
  4. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Fire was released on his video compilation DVD, and Born in the USA is available as a download from iTunes (and other services I'm sure). Despite the circulating boots I'd love to have a clean version of the acoustic "Seeds."

Edit: I was there, so I would love to see this in perfect quality.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    John22 likes this.
  5. lazysean

lazysean Forum Resident

IIRC that cut was introduced on Crystal Cat's Roxy Night to cover up a feedback squelch (and has since been copied from there to many other releases.) I believe "Hands Toward the Sky" as well as many other earlier (mostly vinyl) releases do have the uncut Thunder Road.

I would have assumed it's also complete on the semi-recent JEMS release, is it not? I have not listened to this show in quite a while, in a foolhardy attempt to have it be fresh again when it is officially released :)

6. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

7. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Metallica released both their 2007 and 2016 Bridge School shows through their online site within a short period of the show happening.
    I believe they donated some of the sales towards the school so I could see Bruce's '86 show being released with a similar set-up.

uncle likes this.
  8. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

9. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Yes, that's the cut from the official Springsteen video compilation. Would love to have the whole thing in that quality.

Mr. D likes this.
  10. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

I heard a rumor that both Winterland and The Roxy '78 are being mixed by Bob Clearmountain, And one of them will be July 6th. I'll assume its the Roxy.

daveidmarx, dee, Sean Murdock and 3 others like this.
  11. uncle

uncle Senior Member

I heard that rumor too and that someone actually got the chance to listen to a selected few songs from Roxy and said it sounds even better than the Passaic 78 show Clearmountain did last year.

12. Adam Schellin

Holy ****, I'm psyched. This is my dream show. Cannot wait.

daveidmarx, SteveFff and uncle like this.
  13. uncle

uncle Senior Member

I am very happy as well. I would buy every single 78 show mixed by Clearmountain in a second.

bbanderic, qtrules, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  14. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

I hope this is all correct, but keep in mind there have been a lot of false rumors around the archive releases. Every rumor except for the last release was dead wrong. Again, fingers crossed it's a '78 by Clearmountain.

SteveFff likes this.
  15. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

My lucky 8 ball says 4th Of July sale next Wednesday, Roxy on Friday. :p

dee and floyd like this.
  16. floyd

floyd Senior Member

That thought crossed my mind too. A sale, then a few days later release something after the sale is over but it is big enough release that people may go for it anyway even after the sale is over, because who knows when the next sale comes since the last one was well over a year ago.

17. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

There is an ocean of difference between a Clearmountain mix and an Altshiller mix. Not even close. I'm only buying BC stuff from now on.

uncle likes this.
  18. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Is there a list of Clearmountain mixes?

19. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

At $12.95 for a 3+ hour download I don't have any issue's with Altshiller 's mixes as the sound quality is good and it represents excellent value for money.
    I'll happily pay extra for the HD version with a Clearmountain mix.

kevywevy, J_D__ and uncle like this.
  20. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Off the top of my head:

Tempe 1980 (10 extra songs to match with his mix for the video)
    Passaic 1978
    Apollo Theater 2012

Any others from the archive series?

Pizza likes this.
  21. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I'd be pretty confident on this one though. I don't think there's a chance of anything but Roxy arriving next week. I mean, when is there a better time than almost exactly 40 years to the day of the show?
    Famous last words....o_O

22. uncle

uncle Senior Member

I don't mind Altschiller's mixes on their own, but in comparison to Clearmountain the difference is noticeable. I just think that shows of high regard and significant importance to the fans deserve an Clearmountain mix. They could even charge a premium for these selected shows and I think most fans would be OK with this. Keep Altschiller doing post reunion and "normal" archive shows. For prime E Street Band shows like Roxy or the Vets show if it ever comes out should be only touched by BC unless Altschiller is willing to take his time and go over every second of the shows level matching each instrument and audience mix and not just his usual set it and forget type of mix. That is fine for most shows but some NEED the best in the business as they are that important to the fans.

23. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

If the Roxy gets the BC treatment, I'd love for a box set with a book, essays, etc.

budwhite likes this.
  24. Adam Schellin

I believe that a lavish box would be cool, but they don’t sell (we buy them but we are the only ones)

The archive series is most likely very profitable for them. Pearl Jam and others make huge incomes and I’m sure Springsteen must be making huge money as well. I did hear that Nugs had to upgrade their infrastructure to handle the increase in volume.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  25. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

As a gauge, any word on how Dylan's recent bootleg series has been selling? Volume 13 was 8 CD + 1DVD and was not focused on a well-known part of his career. How many thousands did Sony sell of that one since its release about 6 months ago? The box itself was quite lavish with 2 books, but then the retail price was $175. It might be a similar kind of market.