Stan Lee elder abuse?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by WLL, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

Particularly since one would hope that money would be an assurance of physical comfort and security in those declining years. Too often it paints a target for those seeking to exploit the elder’s vulnerability.

GodShifter likes this.
  2. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

None of this is surprising to me. I have a few acquaintances who have well-to-do elderly parents and they're always telling me about some relative or another who is trying to take advantage of their diminished mental capacities. The snakes and opportunists always sniff around money. Hell, my mother is 87, has no money and yet some of my siblings still try to bleed her dry. Imagine aging celebrities with money finding themselves at the mercy of shameless sharks and charlatans.

chilinvilin and Siegmund like this.
  3. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Richard Simmons has this going on according to rumors. Stan lee, what a cool cat, I hope he’s ok. He’s not long before the surfer comes to pick him up.

chilinvilin likes this.
  4. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Maybe Stan's Spidey sense where tingling and he couldn't help himself.

cboldman likes this.
  5. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Here's a new article about the Stan Lee situation. If it's true, it sounds like Lee and his daughter are both easy touches for con artists, and have been victimized by many of them over the past few years, and it suggests a substantial amount of the Lee fortune has been lost. Very sad if true.

chilinvilin likes this.
  6. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

God, that's heartbreaking. Pardon the French, but the ****ers. I had no idea he was in that much trouble.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Ugh, that makes me sick to my stomach to read that.

905 and smilin ed like this.
  8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Who's this "family insider"? Quincy Jones?

I hope some of Stan's celebrity friends can get their foot in the door and help him out with whatever situation he's caught in. The man has given this world so much joy and should not have to suffer like this on his way out of it.

905, smilin ed and GodShifter like this.
  9. The allegations are even more popular these days from folks who have actually been harassed or abused. The charlatans are the exception, not the rule.

NaturalD, GodShifter, WLL and 3 others like this.
  10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Based on what I've read, the situation is incredibly sad. He need to be in a safe and secure home where he can rest and enjoy his final days in peace, and not paraded around by a slew of grifters and charlatans.

GodShifter likes this.
  11. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery Thread Starter

.. It would appear that the situation's improved somewhat - though not absolutely. Stan made his scheduled appearance at that Silicon Valley Con that I mentioned thinking of - but didn't:cry: - attending last weekend, apparently without major incident.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

Here’s some coverage of that event that doesn’t have me feeling great.
    Fans Express Concern About Stan Lee at Silicon Valley Comic Con

There’s also an article on the subject in today’s Hollywood Reporter.

13. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

14. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I enjoyed his parts on Big Bang Theory. Was that recurring bit or was it just one time?

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. WLL

.. Yeah, CB, I've since read what I assume is that same article:shake:.

16. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Marvel sold to Disney for $4B but Stan Lee only got $10M? I guess the company was out of his hands long ago?

18. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Stan never owned Marvel Comics nor any of the characters he had a hand in co-creating. In that sense, he's lucky to have made millions, something none of his collaborators ever did.

19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That's good. Todd owes a lot to Stan, and the House of Excelsior...hell, he gutted the creative team when he and his buds left to go do Image. Honestly don't blame him for that, but that's a big fence to mend...

20. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

The headlines today about Kevin Smith offering to let Stan Lee live with him reminded me of this. I wondered if his reaction would have been similar.

Made me laugh a little even though this is a very sad story .

21. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

22. WLL

Stan was the nephew of Martin Goodman, who was - part-owner?? - getting out about 1970 or so.

23. Olivia de Havilland is closing in on that, seeing as she made her first film in 1935 and still makes public appearances.

24. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I am going to assume that Stan has a cameo in Infinity War.

25. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Wow! Thats pretty incredible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.