Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013 J.J. Abrams film) <possible spoilers>

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

Same here, much better than I anticipated.

2. hogger129

hogger129 Well-Known Member

Cool I am waiting for the Blu Ray... iTunes HD looks very good but there are ways to crunch a Blu Ray down to ~4GB and have the video still look very good. I will not go into how, here.

3. And they wonder why DVD and Blu-ray sales are tanking. This contributes to it.

Why bother? Just buy the Blu and benefit from the enter quality.

quadjoe likes this.
  4. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

I loved the first Abrams movie but found this one just OK. Unless the reviews for the next one suggest it's as good as the first, I'll probably skip it.

5. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

I still haven't seen this picture, and I had wanted to. I just noticed the IMAX version is playing at the Maritime Center in Norwalk, CT -- a real IMAX theater where I saw the Batman pic last summer and was blown away. Is it worth it in IMAX? I'm ignoring the rest of the thread given the spoiler warning.
    Thanks all :cheers:

6. Yes. 3d not so much.

SBurke likes this.
  7. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Saw it last night at the IMAX. Very good movie, lots of fun. Vastly better than its predecessor, on every count: story, character, action/intensity, visual appeal. Without the burden of having to "reboot," and reintroduce characters in a flimsy fashion to satisfy even the most moronic audience, the movie instead uses those characters in a real story, albeit one whose imaginativeness really falters at the end. But it's good while it lasts, and it looked great in IMAX, even if afterward my head and stomach felt as I'd just gotten off a cheap carnival ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.