Star Trek: Voyager- Best Episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by greelywinger, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia Thread Starter

Some well taken points, Harry.
    I have watched each series complete run on it's own since they've been canceled. DS9 is my favorite Trek spin-off series as a whole.

Darryl

2. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Voyager was a series of missed opportunities.

Neelix is a case in point. They take him on board as this kind-of Harry Mudd of the Delta quadrant type character, someone who could be very useful to the crew in their time in his "home" space. So what do they do? They make him ship's cook and morale officer ffs.

There was a perfect opportunity, with the mixed Starfleet and Maquis crew, to have all sorts of problems. This was essentially ignored as they all got along tickety-boo, at least for the most part.

Then there was Threshold, arguably the worst episode of any Trek. All rather unfortunate for writer Brannon Braga as he is apparently mainly remembered for this one despite writing some absolutely superb Next Gens (Frame Of Mind, Timescape, All Good Things, Cause And Effect, Parallels etc.)

I have recently re-watched Next Gen, DS9 (a series that gets better with each season) and Voyager and, for me, Voyager is the least compelling of the lot. By a considerable margin.

Matthew Tate and sunspot42 like this.
  3. mfp

mfp Senior Member

I liked all episodes where the Holographic Doctor had an important part, because I love Robert Picardo. :)

I also liked the one where they went in XXth century LA (featuring Sarah Silverman!) - but then again the ST episodes including time travel to the XXth centruy are always my favs.

Matthew Tate and sunspot42 like this.
  4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I think the last few years of DS9 blew away Voyager, yet Voyager had its moments.

I like the correlation of Nelix-Ferengi-Wesley Crusher. What a trio!

5. DragonQ

DragonQ Forum Resident

Would be nice if the three "next gen" series got remastered with brand new 24p effects. Tis very annoying that 60i effects are mixed with 24p live action footage cos you can't watch both at the correct speed without judder. :(

6. greelywinger

Onto Season 2

1. "The 37's" August 28, 1995 James L. Conway Jeri Taylor & Brannon Braga 48975.1 201
    A group of humans from the 1930s is found in stasis on an abandoned planet, including the lost Amelia Earhart.
    2. "Initiations" September 4, 1995 Winrich Kolbe Kenneth Biller 49005.3 202
    Chakotay is captured by the Kazon and ordered to kill the youth who failed to kill him.
    3. "Projections" September 11, 1995 Jonathan Frakes Brannon Braga 48892.1 203
    The Doctor becomes delusional after an accident, causing him to believe that he is his creator and his time on USS Voyager is a holodeck program.
    4. "Elogium" September 18, 1995 Winrich Kolbe Kenneth Biller & Jeri Taylor 48921.3 204
    Space-dwelling life-forms cause Kes to enter the Ocampan fertile phase called Elogium, putting pressure on her relationship with Neelix.
    5. "Non Sequitur" September 25, 1995 David Livingston Brannon Braga 49011 205
    Harry Kim wakes up in 24th century San Francisco with no record of him on Voyager.
    6. "Twisted" October 2, 1995 Kim Friedman Kenneth Biller (teleplay)
    Arnold Rudnick (story)
    Rich Hosek (story) Unknown 206
    A region of space distorts the interior of Voyager.
    7. "Parturition" October 9, 1995 Jonathan Frakes Tom Szollosi 49068.5 207
    Neelix and Tom Paris fight over Kes, but are sent on an away mission together.
    8. "Persistence of Vision" October 30, 1995 James L. Conway Jeri Taylor 49037.2 208
    The crew experience hallucinations brought on by an alien that put them into a trance-like state.
    9. "Tattoo" November 6, 1995 Alexander Singer Larry Brody 49211.5 209
    Chakotay encounters non-humans that have the same tattoo on their foreheads that he has.
    10. "Cold Fire" November 13, 1995 Cliff Bole Brannon Braga 49164.8 210
    An Ocampan helps Kes with her mental abilities as the crew encounter a being who appears to be the Caretaker's female counterpart.
    11. "Maneuvers" November 20, 1995 David Livingston Kenneth Biller 48423.0 211
    Kazon Nistrim board Voyager and steal a transporter module in an attempt to unite the Kazon sects.
    12. "Resistance" November 27, 1995 Winrich Kolbe Lisa Klink Unknown 212
    After acquisition of Telerium goes wrong, Tuvok and B'Elanna are captured and believed to be in with the resistance.
    13. "Prototype" January 15, 1996 Jonathan Frakes Nicholas Corea Unknown 213
    The crew find and repair a robot that was adrift in space only to find themselves in the middle of a war when B'Elanna is abducted.
    14. "Alliances" January 22, 1996 Les Landau Jeri Taylor 49337.4 214
    Janeway attempts to form an alliance with the Kazon to improve Voyager's standing in the Delta Quadrant.
    15. "Threshold" January 29, 1996 Alexander Singer Brannon Braga 49373.4 215
    Tom Paris breaks the transwarp threshold in the Shuttlecraft Cochrane, designed to reach warp 10, but there are some peculiar side effects.
    16. "Meld" February 5, 1996 Cliff Bole Michael Sussman & Michael Piller Unknown 216
    In order to quell the temper of a Voyager crew member, Tuvok performs a mind-meld.
    17. "Dreadnought" February 12, 1996 LeVar Burton Gary Holland 49447 217
    A highly advanced Cardassian AI missile that had been reprogrammed by B'Elanna Torres is found in the Delta Quadrant.
    18. "Death Wish" February 19, 1996 James L. Conway Michael Piller 49301.2 218
    The crew encounter a member of the Q Continuum seeking to end his immortal life.
    19. "Lifesigns" February 26, 1996 Cliff Bole Kenneth Biller 49504.3 219
    The Doctor helps a Phage-ridden Vidiian woman.
    20. "Investigations" March 13, 1996 Les Landau Jeri Taylor 49485.2 220
    The crew try to flush out the traitor on board who has been talking to the Kazon Nistrim.
    21. "Deadlock" March 18, 1996 David Livingston Brannon Braga 49548.7 221
    A duplicate Voyager is created after it passes through a spatial scission.
    22. "Innocence" April 8, 1996 James L. Conway Anthony Williams & Lisa Klink 49578.2 222
    Tuvok crash-lands on a moon and finds children who have been abandoned.
    23. "The Thaw" April 29, 1996 Marvin V. Rush Richard Gadas & Joe Menosky Unknown 223
    The crew find aliens mentally connected to a computer that has created a being that feeds on their fear.
    24. "Tuvix" May 6, 1996 Cliff Bole Andrew Shepard Price
    Mark Gaberman
    Kenneth Biller 49655.2 224
    A transporter accident merges Tuvok and Neelix into a new person.
    25. "Resolutions" May 13, 1996 Alexander Singer Jeri Taylor 49690.1 225
    Janeway and Chakotay must be quarantined on a planet after they contract a disease.
    26. "Basics, Part I" May 20, 1996 Winrich Kolbe Michael Piller Unknown 226
    Seska and the Kazon-Nistrim take control of Voyager and maroon its crew on a primitive planet.

Darryl

7. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

The one that stands out in my memory from this season is "Tuvix," which shows how Voyager at its best could be a serious drama that forced Janeway to make difficult decisions.

I'm tempted to rent or borrow the first two seasons but I have reservations. After seeing how good serious science fiction TV can be with Battlestar Galactica, there may be no going back.

8. greelywinger

Projections
    Meld
    Death Wish
    Deadlock
    Tuvix

Darryl

9. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I remember watching an episode early on with Chakotay trying to talk to his ancestors and thinking "Roddenberry must be rolling over in his grave" since
    he was very adamant about the fact that by the time we were travelling through the universe mankind would have given up religion and superstition.

10. greelywinger

I think Star Trek and religion worked fine as long as they weren't beating you over the head with it.

Darryl

11. greelywinger

1. "Basics, Part II" September 4, 1996 Winrich Kolbe Michael Piller 50023.4 146
    The crew must learn to survive on the inhospitable planet as the Doctor, Crewman Suder and Paris attempt to regain control of the ship.
    2. "Flashback" September 11, 1996 David Livingston Brannon Braga 50126.4 145
    Tuvok experiences brain-damaging flashbacks to his service on the Excelsior. He and the captain attempt to find the reason for the flashbacks, believed to be a suppressed memory, through a joint mindmeld.
    3. "The Chute" September 18, 1996 Les Landau Clayvon C. Harris & Kenneth Biller 50156.2 147
    Tom Paris and Harry Kim are trapped in a prison. Tom gets stabbed trying to protect Kim leaving Kim trying to find an escape plan alone. Simultaneously Voyager is trying to find a way to prove their innocence.
    4. "The Swarm" September 25, 1996 Alexander Singer Mike Sussman 50252.3 149
    Voyager encounters a swarm of ships while trying to take a shortcut through a space belonging to a hostile species, while the Doctor begins to experience memory loss.
    5. "False Profits" October 2, 1996 Cliff Bole George A. Brozak & Joe Menosky 50074.3 144
    The crew encounter two Ferengi posing as gods.
    6. "Remember" October 9, 1996 Winrich Kolbe Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 50203.1 148
    B'Elanna experiences vivid dreams.
    7. "Sacred Ground" October 30, 1996 Robert Duncan McNeill Geo Cameron & Lisa Klink 50063.2 143
    Kes is left comatose after contacting an energy field around a rock.
    8. "Future's End, Part I" November 6, 1996 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky Unknown 150
    A 29th century timeship causes a time paradox when it accidentally sends itself and Voyager to two different periods in 20th century Earth.
    9. "Future's End, Part II" November 13, 1996 Cliff Bole Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 50312.6 151
    Janeway must prevent the destruction of the solar system by a 20th century entrepreneur who has acquired the timeship.
    10. "Warlord" November 20, 1996 David Livingston Andrew Shepard Price
    Mark Gaberman
    Lisa Klink 50348.1 152
    Kes is controlled by an alien warlord named Tieran.
    11. "The Q and the Grey" November 27, 1996 Cliff Bole Shawn Piller & Kenneth Biller 50384.2 153
    Q visits Voyager with a proposal for Janeway as civil war breaks out in the Q Continuum.
    12. "Macrocosm" December 11, 1996 Alexander Singer Brannon Braga 50425.1 154
    Voyager answers help from a mining colony about a viral outbreak that manages to sneak onto Voyager through the transporter, leaving only Janeway and the doctor to stop it.
    13. "Fair Trade" January 8, 1997 Jesús Salvador Treviño Ronald Wilkerson
    Jean Louise Matthias
    Andre Bormanis Unknown 156
    Voyager approaches the edge of Neelix's knowledge and a trading station.
    14. "Alter Ego" January 15, 1997 Robert Picardo Joe Menosky 50460.3 155
    The crew enjoys a luau on the holodeck and Tuvok discovers an unusual hologram.
    15. "Coda" January 29, 1997 Nancy Malone Jeri Taylor 50518.6 158
    Janeway appears to be trapped in a time-loop with different events, but all ending in her death.
    16. "Blood Fever" February 5, 1997 Andrew J. Robinson Lisa Klink 50537.2 157
    Vorik passes on the Pon farr to B'Elanna.
    17. "Unity" February 12, 1997 Robert Duncan McNeill Kenneth Biller 50614.2 159
    Chakotay answers a call for help on a planet and finds himself in the middle of a shoot-out between two groups of people while the Voyager crew discover an abandoned Borg ship.
    18. "Darkling" February 19, 1997 Alexander Singer Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 50693.2 161
    The Doctor tries to graft other personalities into his program, but the resulting 'upgrade' causes him to develop an evil alternate personality.
    19. "Rise" February 26, 1997 Robert Scheerer Brannon Braga & Jimmy Diggs Unknown 160
    Voyager helps a planet with asteroid problems. Tuvok and Neelix crash-land on the planet and attempt to fix a maglev space elevator.
    20. "Favorite Son" March 19, 1997 Marvin V. Rush Lisa Klink 50732.4 162
    Harry Kim is contacted by a planet full of women.
    21. "Before and After" April 9, 1997 Allan Kroeker Kenneth Biller Multiple (due to time travel) 163
    Shortly before her death in the future, Kes begins to travel backwards in time, with a portion of events occurring in the Year of Hell.
    22. "Real Life" April 23, 1997 Anson Williams Harry 'Doc' Kloor & Jeri Taylor 50836.2 164
    The Doctor creates a family on the holodeck.
    23. "Distant Origin" April 30, 1997 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky Unknown 165
    A reptilian scientist trying to prove his heretical theories kidnaps Chakotay and draws the entire crew in conflict between his race's doctrine and the startling truth about its origin.
    24. "Displaced" May 7, 1997 Allan Kroeker Lisa Klink 50912.4 166
    Crew members are replaced one-by-one with aliens from an unknown race.
    25. "Worst Case Scenario" May 14, 1997 Alexander Singer Kenneth Biller 50953.4 167
    B'Elanna Torres discovers a holodeck program where Chakotay and the Maquis rebel against Janeway.
    26. "Scorpion, Part I" May 21, 1997 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 50984.3 168
    Voyager must pass through Borg space, but the arrival of a new species causes problems.

Darryl

12. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

I liked "The Chute" and didn't see it on that list. I had a weird experience with Voyager...I was a die hard Next Gen fan, and devoted great time and energy to Voyager. Eventually, right after 7 of 9 came on, I grew tired of the show and stopped watching.

Years later, after picking up where I left off with the DVD sets, I realized right when I left is when it started to get great (Brannon Braga return, etc.). Anyone who never saw the last 2 or 3 seasons of Voyager should not hesitate....as good as Next Gen at times.

13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

I would love to have worked for Captain 'Nicole' Janeway (Genevieve Bujold).

14. greelywinger

'The Chute' was the 3rds episode of Season 3.

Darryl

15. greelywinger

Flashback
    Future's End, Part I
    Future's End, Part II
    Real Life
    Worst Case Scenario

Darryl

16. The one with Sulu was kick-@ss!!

17. greelywinger

Season 4

1. "Scorpion, Part II" September 3, 1997 Winrich Kolbe Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 51003.7 169
    Janeway and Tuvok work with the Borg and meet Seven of Nine as they work on developing a weapon against Species 8472 in exchange for safe passage through Borg space.
    2. "The Gift" September 10, 1997 Anson Williams Joe Menosky 51008 170
    Kes' mental abilities develop to a point where they endanger Voyager.
    3. "Day of Honor" September 17, 1997 Jesús Salvador Treviño Jeri Taylor Unknown 172
    B'Elanna tries to observe the Klingon Day of Honor after the warp core is lost.
    4. "Nemesis" September 24, 1997 Alexander Singer Kenneth Biller 51082.4 171
    Chakotay helps fight in an alien war.
    5. "Revulsion" October 1, 1997 Kenneth Biller Lisa Klink 51186.2 173
    A hologram contacts Voyager and the Doctor is excited to meet another hologram.
    6. "The Raven" October 8, 1997 LeVar Burton Bryan Fuller & Harry 'Doc' Kloor Unknown 174
    Seven of Nine experiences Borg flashbacks as she attempts to become more human.
    7. "Scientific Method" October 29, 1997 David Livingston Sherry Klein
    Harry 'Doc' Kloor
    Lisa Klink 51244.3 175
    The crew have unexplained illnesses as they are closely observed by unseen intruders.
    8. "Year of Hell, Part I" November 5, 1997 Allan Kroeker Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 51268.4 176
    Voyager creates a new Astrometrics Lab, which maps a new course that brings them into contact with a Krenim temporal ship that can erase things from history.
    9. "Year of Hell, Part II" November 12, 1997 Mike Vejar Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 51425.4 177
    A badly damaged Voyager hides in a nebula as a skeleton crew attempts repairs; meanwhile the Krenim commander proposes a compromise to Chakotay and Paris.
    10. "Random Thoughts" November 19, 1997 Alexander Singer Kenneth Biller 51367.2 178
    Torres is arrested while visiting a world of telepaths where violent thoughts are a crime.
    11. "Concerning Flight" November 26, 1997 Jesús Salvador Treviño Jimmy Diggs & Joe Menosky 51386.4 179
    Aliens steal several key components of Voyager, which are retrieved with assistance from a holographic Leonardo Da Vinci.
    12. "Mortal Coil" December 17, 1997 Allan Kroeker Bryan Fuller 51449.2 180
    Neelix dies in an attempt to sample proto-matter from a nebula. Seven of Nine believes she can revive him using Borg nanoprobes, but Neelix finds it hard to adjust, particularly given that he has no memory of an afterlife of any kind.
    13. "Waking Moments" January 14, 1998 Alexander Singer Andre Bormanis 51471.3 182
    The crew of Voyager start to have dreams from which they cannot wake, and only Chakotay can save them.
    14. "Message in a Bottle" January 21, 1998 Nancy Malone Rick Williams & Lisa Klink 51462 181
    The Doctor's program is sent to an advanced Starfleet vessel via a vast ancient communications network, but he soon discovers that only he and the ship's own EMH remain to fight against Romulans who have taken over the ship and are attempting to return to Romulan space with it.
    15. "Hunters" February 11, 1998 David Livingston Jeri Taylor 51501.4 183
    A transmission from Starfleet Command gets held at a Hirogen relay station and Janeway sets course to retrieve it.
    16. "Prey" February 18, 1998 Allan Eastman Brannon Braga 51652.3 184
    Voyager rescues a Hirogen survivor who tells them a new kind of prey is on the loose.
    17. "Retrospect" February 25, 1998 Jesús Salvador Treviño Mark Gaberman
    Andrew Shepard Price
    Bryan Fuller
    Lisa Klink 51658.2 185
    After experiencing unsettling halucinations, Seven of Nine is hypnotized by the Doctor whose analysis reveals a trader may have extracted Borg technology from Seven without her consent.
    18. "The Killing Game, Part I" March 4, 1998 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky Unknown 186
    The Hirogen implant devices into the crew making them believe they are characters within the holodecks being used for hunts.
    19. "The Killing Game, Part II" March 4, 1998 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 51715.2 187
    The Hirogen implant devices into the crew making them believe they are characters within the holodecks being used for hunts.
    20. "Vis à Vis" April 4, 1998 Jesús Salvador Treviño Robert J. Doherty 51762.4 188
    An alien shuttle with a prototype propulsion system suddenly appears and requires assistance. Paris is restless and volunteers to help the pilot, Steth, repair the shuttle.
    21. "The Omega Directive" April 15, 1998 Victor Lobl Jimmy Diggs
    Steve J. Kay
    Lisa Klink 51781.2 189
    Janeway undertakes the Omega Directive, an order to destroy the Omega molecules, even if it means violating the Prime Directive.
    22. "Unforgettable" April 22, 1998 Andrew J. Robinson Greg Elliot & Michael Perricone 51813.4 190
    An alien female from a cloaked ship asks for Chakotay by name and requests asylum on Voyager from her people.
    23. "Living Witness" April 29, 1998 Tim Russ Brannon Braga & Bryan Fuller Unknown 191
    A Kyrian museum curator 700 years in the future hopes a Voyager relic containing a copy of the Doctor can confirm their version of history.
    24. "Demon" May 6, 1998 Anson Williams Kenneth Biller & Andre Bormanis Unknown 192
    Tom Paris and Harry Kim take a shuttle down to an extremely inhospitable planet to obtain fuel.
    25. "One" May 13, 1998 Kenneth Biller Jeri Taylor 51929.3 193
    Seven of Nine is left alone on Voyager when a nebula's deadly radiation forces the rest of the crew to stay in stasis and the Doctor's hologram projectors are disrupted.
    26. "Hope and Fear" May 20, 1998 Winrich Kolbe Rick Berman
    Brannon Braga
    Joe Menosky 51978.2 194
    Paris and Neelix return from a mission with a passenger named Arturis who knows more than 4,000 languages. He manages to decode a message from Starfleet that could lead to a way home.

Darryl

18. DragonQ

DragonQ Forum Resident

I recently compiled a list of the best Voyager episodes, mainly by looking at other "top 5/10/20" lists on the internet and seeing which ones I remembered and agreed with. I was surprised that so many came from series 4...

The Omega Directive
    Year of Hell (Parts I & II)
    Scientific Method
    Hope and Fear
    The Killing Game (Parts I & II)
    Waking Moments
    Message in a Bottle
    Concerning Flight
    Random Thoughts

Series 5 is a belter too, by all accounts.

19. greelywinger

Scientific Method
    Year of Hell, Part I
    Year of Hell, Part II
    Message in a Bottle
    Living Witness

Darryl

20. greelywinger

Season 5

1. "Night" October 14, 1998 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 52081.2 195
    Voyager loses power traversing a dark region of space containing theta radiation.
    2. "Drone" October 21, 1998 Les Landau Brannon Braga
    Joe Menosky
    Bryan Fuller
    Harry 'Doc' Kloor Unknown 196
    The Doctor's mobile emitter is damaged while beaming back from an away mission, merging with Seven of Nine's Borg nanoprobes and the DNA of a male Ensign to create a 29th century Borg.
    3. "Extreme Risk" October 28, 1998 Cliff Bole Kenneth Biller Unknown 197
    B'Elanna purposely puts herself into increasingly more dangerous situations. Meanwhile the crew decides to build a new shuttlecraft, the Delta Flyer.
    4. "In the Flesh" November 4, 1998 David Livingston Nick Sagan 52136.4 198
    The ship encounters a training facility for an alien invasion of Earth.
    5. "Once Upon a Time" November 11, 1998 John T. Kretchmer Michael Taylor Unknown 199
    Neelix looks after Naomi Wildman when her mother is injured on an away mission.
    6. "Timeless" November 18, 1998 LeVar Burton Rick Berman
    Brannon Braga
    Joe Menosky 52143.6 201
    Fifteen years in the future, Chakotay and Harry Kim attempt to prevent the Voyager from crash-landing on an ice planet.
    7. "Infinite Regress" November 25, 1998 David Livingston Robert J. Doherty & Jimmy Diggs 52188.7 203
    Seven of Nine experiences something akin to dissociative identity disorder.
    8. "Nothing Human" December 2, 1998 David Livingston Jeri Taylor Unknown 200
    A wounded alien is brought on board from a stranded vessel and attaches itself to B'Elanna Torres.
    9. "Thirty Days" December 9, 1998 Winrich Kolbe Scott Miller & Kenneth Biller 52179.4 202
    Tom Paris disregards orders by helping an aquatic world and is demoted to Ensign.
    10. "Counterpoint" December 16, 1998 Les Landau Michael Taylor Unknown 204
    While passing through Devore space, Voyager is routinely searched for telepaths.
    11. "Latent Image" January 20, 1999 Mike Vejar Eileen Connors & Joe Menosky Unknown 206
    The Doctor finds out that some of his memories have been blocked.
    12. "Bride of Chaotica!" January 27, 1999 Allan Kroecher Bryan Fuller & Michael Taylor Unknown 207
    Paris' latest holodeck adventure The Adventures of Captain Proton takes an unexpected turn.
    13. "Gravity" February 3, 1999 Terry Windell Bryan Fuller
    Jimmy Diggs
    Nick Sagan 52438.9 205
    Tuvok and Paris crash on a planet stuck in a pocket of subspace, where they meet a female named Noss.
    14. "Bliss" February 10, 1999 Cliff Bole Bill Prady & Robert J. Doherty 52542.3 209
    A large organism telepathically deceives the Voyager crew into flying into its digestive chamber.
    15. "Dark Frontier, Part I" February 17, 1999 Cliff Bole Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 52619.2 211
    Janeway plans to steal a transwarp coil from a disabled Borg ship to shorten their journey home.
    16. "Dark Frontier, Part II" February 17, 1999 Terry Windell Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky 52619.2 212
    Janeway leads a mission in the Delta Flyer to rescue Seven of Nine.
    17. "The Disease" February 24, 1999 David Livingston Kenneth Biller & Michael Taylor Unknown 210
    Kim finds love when the crew encounter a Varro generational ship that needs assistance repairing its warp drive.
    18. "Course: Oblivion" March 3, 1999 Anson Williams Bryan Fuller & Nick Sagan 52586.3 213
    After Torres and Paris get married, subspace radiation causes the crew and their ship to disintegrate.
    19. "The Fight" March 24, 1999 Winrich Kolbe Michael Taylor & Joe Menosky Unknown 208
    Chakotay lies in sickbay as he attempts to communicate with aliens through hallucinations.
    20. "Think Tank" March 31, 1999 Terrence O'Hara Rick Berman
    Brannon Braga
    Michael Taylor Unknown 214
    Voyager is being chased by the Hazari when a think tank offers assistance.
    21. "Juggernaut" April 26, 1999 Allan Kroeker Bryan Fuller
    Nick Sagan
    Kenneth Biller Unknown 215
    The crew respond to a distress call from Malon escape pods contaminated with radiation.
    22. "Someone to Watch Over Me" April 28, 1999 Robert Duncan McNeill Brannon Braga
    Michael Taylor
    Kenneth Biller 52647 216
    Seven of Nine explores dating with some help from the Doctor.
    23. "11:59" May 5, 1999 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky Unknown 217
    Janeway reminisces about one of her Earth's ancestors, Shannon O'Donnell from Indiana.
    24. "Relativity" May 12, 1999 Allan Eastman Nick Sagan
    Bryan Fuller
    Michael Taylor 52861.274 218
    Captain Braxton recruits Seven of Nine to stop Voyager being sabotaged.
    25. "Warhead" May 19, 1999 John T. Kretchmer Michael Taylor
    Kenneth Biller
    Brannon Braga Unknown 219
    The crew rescue a device with artificial intelligence embedded in rock, but it then proceeds to take control of The Doctor and reveals itself to be a weapon of mass destruction.
    26. "Equinox, Part I" May 26, 1999 David Livingston Brannon Braga & Joe Menosky Unknown 220
    Voyager finds another Federation ship, the USS Equinox, under attack from flying nucleogenic lifeforms.

Darryl

21. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

There are a lot of good Voyager episodes as well as some clunkers ("Threshold", anyone?) But IMO one of the funnier episodes has to "Bride Of Chaotica!"...The whole throwback feel to the Captain Proton program, the over-the-top performance of the chief villian and his henchman, the slow, lumbering robot, and of course Miss Trueheart make this a fun watch. And let's not forget Capt. Janeway as Queen Arachnia!

22. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Never got into this one. I tried it for a few episodes when it was first broadcast but lost touch with it. There's so much Trek out there, 5 series with multiple seasons, 20 something episodes per season. I am currently in the middle of DS9 season 5. What I don't like about the 20 something episode format of any show is the filler. The good episodes are very good, but the bad episodes are clunkers. I sometimes find myself looking at online reviews and skipping over episodes that aren't well regarded and aren't important to a story arc. It's hard to find time to get through all of these shows.

24. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

Threshold will always be near and dear to me for personal reasons. Braga was drunk when he came up with the idea.

lukejosephchung and sloaches like this.
  25. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Of course, and well deserved!!!!

Scott Wheeler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.