Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

Some pretty exciting pics from a recent shooting location:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots more out there from this location if you search for Star Wars at Greenham Common.

marblesmike likes this.
  2. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

Looks to me like an old NATO AB in the UK closed down after the Cold War ended

3. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

The latest rumor...

A teaser trailer trailer will be attached to Tomorrowland in May 2015. The final trailer will be attached to The Jungle Book in October 2015.

There were also talks of a brief teaser attached to Into the Woods on Christmas Day 2014.

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

a 30 second teaser clip during the Super Bowl would be nice

Bowie Fett likes this.
  5. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I just hope any trailers are done old-school style. That will make me feel that Star Wars may truly be back.

SonOfAlerik, Rhett and Bowie Fett like this.
  6. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

I think Episode 7 will have a time machine aspect and the main characters will go back in time and change everything about Episode 1 to 3 so as those experiences never happened.

Got to dream.

Jvalvano and Rhett like this.
  7. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I would love that!

8. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Episode I had a great trailer. That music and those visuals after 16 years after Return of the Jedi gave everyone goosebumps the first time they saw it. The level of excitement for The Phantom Menace was sky high.

Then we saw it.

9. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Yep, I recorded that trailer on a VHS when it aired on TV, and was constantly playing it, getting goosebumps every time, getting closer to the screen each time, in the hope that I might spot a previously unseen detail. :laugh:
    I loved it, thought it captured the SW spirit pretty well. Imagine my disappointment then.

10. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

hope not ! that sounds too much like the star trek movie!

11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Also sounds a bit like the upcoming Terminator: Genisys, which is reported to involve Arnold and cast revisiting scenes from the original two films...

Besides, time travel is definitely more of a Star Trek thing.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  12. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

I don't know.

The moment the director of Looper was announced as director for an episode or two, I wondered if time travel might not be an element of the trilogy, especially since the other director handled Lost...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The Simpsons did a parody of that. The scroll at the beginning of "Cosmic Wars: Episode VII" says that due to a rift in the space-time continuum, Episodes I-III didn't happen, and the crowd in the theater cheers.

Dee Zee, ribors and Rocker like this.
  14. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

When will "Hardware Wars" get an update?

Plan9 likes this.
  15. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Funny you posted that. I was thinking earlier today about how excited I was seeing the trailer for the first time and then the disappointment after seeing the film.

16. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Actually I think the DVD release had an expanded version. Not joking. No CGI but there was something updated.

17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I want Han to die in Chewie's arms. You hear him growl something and then Han says "I know" and then he dies.

Agent57, nbakid2000, Simon A and 6 others like this.
  18. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

With our luck, Han dies, and every character that has ever appeared in any series appear together and yell "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in unison.

IronWaffle likes this.
  19. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

This been posted yet?

Vidiot and ribors like this.
  20. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

21. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

What happened to Streisand???

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Gee, the juxtaposition between John Williams music and the blare of Hans Zimmer Dark Knight music is kind of extreme... :sigh:

What's the final image in the clip supposed to be?

23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The batmobile.

24. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Yeah. JJ and Zack Tyler have been tweeting back and forth "Mash up" pix that combine Star Wars & batman imagery. So including the batmobile at the end was just an elaborate gag.

But getting that panning shot of the full sized Falcon recreation? Jaw-dropping. You CAN'T do this in CGI.

I was very SKEPTICAL (to use a polite word) of JJ taking over this film. But I'll be damned if he doesn't seem to be hitting all the right notes so far.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  25. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

With the whole Batman Zack Taylor thing going back and forth is kind of like Lucas and Spielberg putting little odes in their films to each other. Even Francis Coppola got in on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.