Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Cool photo, but this is basically just confirming what was widely known at this point. Looks like Hammil and Fischer still have quite a bit of... body management to take care of. Or are they gonna use CGI to take care of that?

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The rest of the cast wasn't widely known. There have been all kinds of rumours about who would be in the movie but some of these people were never mentioned.

3. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

No Billy D?

4. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

Max Von Sydow!?! I loved him as Ming!

[​IMG]

mdm08033 and sgtmono like this.
  5. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Oh boy, does Andy Serkis' presence mean we can look forward to another all-CGI character, a la Jar Jar? :sigh:

6. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

oh man, I hope not! I'm hoping JJ has learned from that stupid mistake Lucas made earlier.

7. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I'm not much of a Star Trek fan - but I don't dislike Star Trek either. I did like the last 2 Trek movies that JJ did - so I'm thinking that if I liked those - I will like this new Star Wars. I'm trying to stay optimistic (though I'm naturally a pessimist).

8. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

They could dress Fisher in a flour sack like Mon Mothma...

[​IMG]

9. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

"JJ" Abrams....."Jar Jar" Abrams???

Meesa hopes not!:D

Jvalvano and Drifter like this.
  10. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

R2 has a sour look on his face...

11. SonOfAlerik

CGI wasn't what made Jar Jar bad.

guidedbyvoices and Matt Starr like this.
  12. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

This new series of films, toys, whatever else is going to pay Disney back 10-fold. Best decision they've made since buying land in Anaheim.

DennyFan88 likes this.
  13. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Mark H doesn't look bad actually, and it's hard to tell what Carrie Fisher looks like from that angle. Of course, Harrison Ford looks like... well, Harrison Ford!

14. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

It was part of what made Jar Jar bad. A significant part.

15. tcj

tcj Senior Member

I'm guessing Luke, Leia, and Han's ages will be acknowledged in the story, and they won't be filmed heads glued to fit CGI bodies. Look at how Alec Guinness looked in A New Hope. He didn't need to look like a young man to have a powerful presence. They will likely be leaders and parents of other characters, not action-oriented characters. Looking forward to seeing whatever comes of this, no matter what. Should I get in line at the theater now?

16. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Not really. It was the veiled racism of the character that was so regrettable. Gollum isn't "bad," is he? It's because he's a compelling character. And CG is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was when The Phantom Menace was made.

supermd likes this.
  17. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I believe it's already been confirmed that this new one picks up 30 years after Return of the Jedi, which is also roughly how many years it's been since that movie came out. So yeah, the characters ages should pretty much match up to the actors' ages.

supermd likes this.
  18. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Max von Sydow is still alive??

19. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

This is feeling right.

20. SonOfAlerik

He's 85

21. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I don't know about the racism - but the writing sure stunk up the theater!

22. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

yep so is Gordon!

ZAck Scott and MekkaGodzilla like this.
  23. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?! :wtf:

24. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Max von Sydow is awesome. Let's hope he plays Brewmeister Smith in this film too :) (Strange Brew reference.) This almost looks liek he's on the Death Star.

[​IMG]

Chip TRG and SizzleVonSizzleton like this.
  25. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Jar Jar Binks gets possessed by the force ghost of the emperor and in the final scene of the third movie Max von Sydow's does an exorcism.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Plan9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.