Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

What's irrational is your rabid defense of the movies. If you can't accept what appears to be the vast majority of opinion, why don't you just walk away, instead of continuing to snipe?

Halloween_Jack and RolandG like this.
  2. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Out of the blue comment but you know what I don't get? People bitching about every little detail.

It's a new STAR WARS movie. Written by the guy that wrote the best STAR WARS movie. Directed by a guy that probably oozes Lucas/Spielberg more than any other director from his generation. And most importantly looks exciting and NEW.

This is not backstory STAR WARS. This is STAR WARS that doesn't need to pretend 1999, 2002 and 2005 ever occurred.

I'm pretty stoked...

:waiting:

agaraffa, Pericles, Vidiot and 10 others like this.
  3. Why do you get so (obsessively?) riled up about other people's opinion of FICTIONAL furry creatures or FICTIONAL movies? Is pluralism such an alien concept?

Anyway, it doesn't justify your name calling, which - sadly - reflects on you as a person.

Halloween_Jack likes this.
  4. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Compared to Jar Jar, Ewoks were genius! I was one who enjoyed them. :)

Over used yes, but still, they were funny. Now the Jabba scene with the puppet band playing, that did seem out of place. I still think all of that is genius compared to Jar Jar and anything in the prequels.

mdm08033 likes this.
  5. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Amen!

6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm pretty excited. The best part about #7 is that the story is wide open moving forward, and that's what the franchise - and, more importantly, we - need.

7. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

The spoilers, if correct, really sound interesting.

8. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

[​IMG]

9. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Fixed.

sgtmono and Jason Manley like this.
  10. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

[​IMG]

Merry Sithmas everyone!!

xdawg, DLeet, bru87tr and 1 other person like this.
  11. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

[​IMG]

bluesbro and fishcane like this.
  12. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Ewoks were in place I think. That's the poit. Nicest creatures exposed to the brutality of the stormtroopers. And yet they manage to give a fight even though nobody expected that.... actually episode 6 ad 1 are very close to each other in terms of spirit and mood. Maybe that's why they have so many haters, who are fans of episode 4 and 5, leaning to the more serious side of things. To me Star Wars has always been a nice space fairy-tale, but never a serious one. Maybe that's why I am most comfortable with the "lighter" episodes. And the more serious stuff makes me cringe because something not serious tries very hard to show that it is significat and full of pathos.

13. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Jar Jar and the Ewoks (and all that was wrong with the prequels) are in many ways not a surprise. The tendency toward that sort of thing was evident in the first movie, it's just that it was so new at the time (and we were, generally, so young) that we were willing to give it a pass in ways we weren't for the subsequent films. (See this, for a reasoned example: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/on-the-implausibility-of-the-death-stars-trash-compactor) For Lucas, unfortunately, success gave him the ability to expand existing, minor faults to their unpleasant extreme. I suspect that the upcoming film will be more restrained in terms of what people complain about for the previous ones, and that there will be a lot fewer cringe-worthy moments. For that alone I may call the film a success.

John K.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Okay, now I totally want a lightsaber Christmas tree that lights up like that.

DLeet and artfromtex like this.
  15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Based on the amount of parodies/ridicule already floating around based on one little clip, this movie can't win no matter what. One year to go before the avalanche starts.

16. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

This is going to be the most micro reviewed movie of all time. It's pretty easy to predict the overall tone of reviews.. Most will say good flick but much of the original magic is missing.

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's going to be unbearable, I'd like to see this without being bombarded by 50 million opinions/comments and dissections beforehand. I guess I will have to go offline 6 months in advance to purge the slate :cool:.

18. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Gotta love nostalgia and the petty attempts we'll see to objectify "original magic".

19. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Who's more excited for the spin off flicks? Those if done right could be more interesting.

Halloween_Jack likes this.
  20. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

21. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

I think something is left out of that interview, because it doesn't make sense that he says he'll see the movie in the theater but is not curious with what Abrams has done with it?

Bowie Fett likes this.
  22. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I think the quote that he is not really curious as to what Abrams has done with it is probably taken out of context. He probably means that he is not curious enough to watch the trailer and would prefer to see the entire movie, taking it all in at once.

marblesmike likes this.
  23. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

yea, that's how I interpreted it as well.

marblesmike likes this.
  24. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Maybe he isn't curious because he's seen a copy of most of the footage already.

25. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.