Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

A father at almost 70? Yikes.

2. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

3. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

God bless that child! Well, at least Lucas didn't direct the movie. The last good job he had done as a director was back in 1977. Now, the Star Wars future lies on the hands of... Disney.

4. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Is the child CGI?

Billy Budapest and Rne like this.
  5. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

No but his midi-chlorian count is incredible.

6. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

Midi-chlorian was such a lame idea. What a crap concept.

Billy Budapest likes this.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Aunt Beru rules!

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

With $10 billion, I think George can afford to get a few nannies, assistants, and maids to help out.

9. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

It's a very selfish move to have a kid at 70.

10. Grunge Master

Sure, but what's the point of having a kid, then? So everyone else can take care of it?
    You know, Brian Wilson did the same thing, and adopted a bunch of kids. It's like, why? Sure he's got the money and the people to do it for him, but then isn't the point of being a parent taking joy in raising them?

So yeah, back on topic: that new lightsaber looks pretty neat!

11. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

It's okay. If he passes away a CGI hologram of Lucas will carry on raising the child, just like the ghost of Obi-Wan. Industrial Lights & Magic have it all figured out.

12. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

I don't think that George is the one who is pregnant.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Well, if you're that rich, you only have to personally deal with the kid when and where you want to, so if you can confine that to two hours a day, it's not that bad. 24/7... that's rough if you're 70. Hell, it's rough if you're 30.

14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

heh. I worked for a company where the CEO knocked up an airline stewardess (he was separated) and had a child at 67. He had a baby seat in the back of his Jag.

15. SonOfAlerik

I saw Carrie Fisher on the SAG Awards show last night. Oh my. She doesn't look or sound anything like she used to. She looked older than her mother (who she was presenting a lifetime acheivement award to). How are they going to portray her in episode VII? I haven't been following her career at all. I think the last thing I remember seeing her in was When Harry Met Sally. But she is like a different person.

16. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

People grow up and get old.

17. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Fisher is 58 years old. I don't recall how old Princess Leia was in the original trilogy, but the new film supposedly takes place about 30 years after RotJ (which came out in '83, which was 32 years ago).

So if she was in her 20's at that point, 30 years down the road Fisher would be playing her in her 50's. Makes sense to me.

18. SonOfAlerik

The thing is she doesn't look 58 at all. She looks way older. It's too bad she had substance abuse problems. I think it really took its toll.

Jrr likes this.
  19. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Thing is, she has been going for regular ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy - "shock treatment") since the mid to late 90's for her bi-polar disorder. I don't know if that antiquated, barbaric treatment is to blame, but her mouth got all messed up in the last decade. I wonder if she had a mild stroke at some point, coupled with the addition of dentures. There is a lot of slurring going on and she sounds NOTHING like the Carrie Fisher of the 70's and 80's.

Carrie Fisher is the poster child for someone who should have NEVER stopped using cocaine. :hide: The years that we fondly remember Fisher from, she was coked to the gills.

20. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

I think she looks great for 58. She lost a bunch of weight.

She will fill the roll of an older Mon Mothma.

A few makeup and camera tricks and I don't believe she will stand out at all.

I'm not sure about the voice aspect of it.

Billy Budapest likes this.
  21. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

She will have Darth Vader helmet on; scars from Jedi battles.

22. She sounds like she's 58. What's the big deal? None of the cast sounds the same as they did 30 years ago.

23. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

NONE of us look the same as we did in 1977 (save for Christie Brinkley, of course), and Fisher doesn't look that bad at all for a woman approaching 60 years of age.

In the interview (above), she obviously didn't have professional wardrobe, make-up or hair. I'm guessing they'll do her up right for VII.

bru87tr likes this.
  24. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

She looks just fine for 58. If she got all kinds of plastic surgery like other aging actresses, then she'd be shredded to bits for that!

Can't win.

25. Grunge Master

And the rumor is, her daughter is going to play Leia in a flashback scene (hopefully with Vader).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.