Star Wars: Episode VII

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space operas are called that because they are soap operas set in outer space--they are about the relationships. Maybe George should look up the meaning.

I think George is whining to the bank. I mean, really? You stopped directing because other people--gasp!-- have an opinion of your work? Shocking!

Please George it made you millions. You really stopped directing because you didn't have to. I'm think the reason Geoege directed and wrote the prequels was because he didn't want to argue and collaborate with others on the finished product.

2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

:rolleyes:

3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Not sure what George said that was so bad. I think he misses his ex some though. He may have a point though. What if..what if..over playing to the fan base has negative affects. That is, the storyline isnt cohesive etc..

dun dun...

4. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Wow. Way to go blowing my little comment out of all proportion. It was simply an observation. Will it stop me from seeing the movie?

[​IMG]
    ;)

5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Fast forward 2020:

Star Wars 7: The Force Re-Awakened(Specialized Edition).

The underground is all a buzz with the modernization of the Star Wars sequel. Uber fans are pissed at the films phrases such as Finns "Hell no..", Rey telling Kylo to "Bro up, you aint gramps" and Luke after hearing the adventures the new characters have experienced saying "Thats just crae crae, ya'll"

The outrage causes the fanbase to work on fan made reboots to replace the phrases. Finally the fans are satisfied when a secretive redo done by a fan who simply goes by the initials DV is able to replace the hip phrases with undated ones.

2 yrs later the "fan" is revealed as none other than.....

GEORGE LUCAS.

dun dun

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  6. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

While we're waiting still, more than a month left, here's Poe and Kylo jamming with Justin Timberlake!

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

JJ afraid to let go??

http://variety.com/2015/scene/vpage...lbert-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201646241/

With perhaps the most important job in entertainment right now, the director[​IMG] informed Colbert that he had completed “The Force Awakens” just hours earlier.

“We were working on the final mixes at 2:30 this morning[​IMG],” the helmer said. “I left with six very small, but important things that (still) need to be done because I said, ‘I have to get to the Montclair Film Festival.'”

Later in the evening when a fan asked if he wanted the project to “just be over,” the director got candid.

“I wish you could zip line down here and hug me,” Abrams said to the fan. “The truth is working on this movie[​IMG] for nearly three years, it has been like living with the greatest roommate in history for too long. It’s time for him to get his own place. It’s been great and I can’t tell you how much I want him to get out into the world and meet other people because we know each other really well. But really, ‘Star Wars’ is bigger than all of us. So I’m thrilled beyond words (to be involved) and terrified more than I can say.”

8. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

I've watched this scene like ten times.

bru87tr and DLeet like this.
  9. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Lawrence Kasdan wasn't kidding when he said TFA "moves like a son-of-a-b!tch".

turnersmemo and artfromtex like this.
  10. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Ha, I forgot that Adam Driver was in that as well!

11. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Issacs and another Force Awakens actor, Domhnall Gleeson, were both in Ex Machina, as well. Small world.

12. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I find it strange that there's no rating yet.... PG or PG-13?

13. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Apparently they just finished the final cut, so I assume it's being evaluated by the MPAA as we type.

14. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

It most likely will be PG 13 as he said Hell No in the preview clip. I can imagine the 6 or 7 yr olds saying this walking out the theater. :shake:

15. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

My only hope for the film is that Kasdan wrote it, and since he did I nearly guarantee a PG-13. Anything with more dramatic content will always get the higher rating because the censorship board has virtually no trust in the public's ability to take anything.

16. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Maybe they'll make him re-dub it and say "Heavens to Betsy!" instead.

Honestly, I doubt "hell" warrants a PG-13. However, I suspect it will still get that, mostly for the violence and overall dark tone. Interestingly, Episodes I & II were PG, whereas III was PG-13 (presumably for it's rather violent third act). The original trilogy were all PG, but that was before PG-13 was invented.

17. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I read somewhere (maybe Reddit) that the rumor is that Disney is doing all they can to get a PG rating for the film.

18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I don't really see why they would do that. As long as it's not rated R (which would never happen), most parents will probably take children of all ages to see it, PG or PG-13.

19. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

I haven't paid attention and I'm too lazy to look, has Disney's Marvel content been PG or PG-13 (or both)? Ultimately, I don't know if it really matters if it gets a PG or PG-13 because PG-13 when set aside certain properties kind of inoculates the film from any repercussions.

20. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'm pretty sure every Marvel Studios film has been PG-13.

21. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

There's been some talk online about the speculation of it.

A writer for Forbes is all for the the PG rating. I am too as I'd like to take my 5 year old son to see it since he plays with his Star Wars toys and action figures. It would be disappointing for him and my daughter (7) to miss out if it gets the PG-13 label.

22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Revenge of the Sith was PG-13, versus PG for the previous two prequels.

I don't think it hurt things at all. In fact it was a far better movie than the other two.

23. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yes, 5 out of 6 of the previous films were PG, with ROTS being the one exception with a PG-13 rating.

Keep in mind that the original trilogy came out before the PG-13 rating existed, but at the same time I don't think they would've been PG-13 anyways.

I think The Force Awakens will probably be PG, though I don't want that to be due to any sort of intentional effort on Disney's part to censor it.

24. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

25. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Type " A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away " into google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.