Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MLutthans, Nov 10, 2015.
I like Laura Dern but I always associate her with Jurassic Park. I hope that goes away when I see her on screen for Ep VIII
So is Obi-Wan Kenobi, who still managed a vocal cameo in The Force Awakens.
Yeah, but Alec Guinness probably didn't have it as part of his contract agreement that once his character was killed off that he would not be required to return in any form...hell, Star Wars was probably the best thing to happen to Sir Alec Guinness in years, not only was he (as I recall) the highest paid actor in it, he was probably more than happy to reprise the role in the other films, even if it was only vocally or in holographic form Harrison Ford, on the other hand, probably insisted from the get go that the only way he would participate in The Force Awakens was if they killed off Han Solo once and for all like he wanted them to back in 1983 and give him a nice big payout for his troubles- both of which stipulations he got. Supposedly there is a fifth Indiana Jones movie in the works (for good or ill)- I wouldn't be surprised if Ford makes similar types of demands in exchange for his involvement in that film as well.
Laura Dern..huh?..Benicio......oh boy...Ill reserve judgement ..but I find the lack of originality disturbing.
This is all true. But if you consider that Alec Guinness' involvement in VII was pulled from previously released material (obviously), it wouldn't surprise me if the creators of VIII were able to pull the same trick with Harrison Ford.
Possibly, but what I'm saying is that Ford's contract might state that they're not allowed to do that. Who knows? Who cares, to be honest- it's not like ol' Harry offered up an Oscar-worthy performance as a grizzled old Han Solo in Episode VII...
Beat me to it. This all but confirms for me that Rian Johnson (and not J.J. Abrams) did the filming on Skellig Michael Island last year. I'm expecting the unexpected and that's exciting.
Interviews with Abrams and Kasdan have suggested that killing Han Solo was their idea but I think it's still kind of unclear whether Ford had said he would only do one movie, or if they were anticipating he would only want to do one, or if they felt his age was the issue. Certainly he played along in the promotion and never hinted that he was doing it reluctantly.
Except for this, possibly...
One of those responses to Kim Davis from last summer.
That's not a real thing surely?
Of course they were trying to keep mum about Han's death so Ford couldn't say anything about it during all the promotion they did.
Yeah, that's a real thing. It was part of the "...still did my job" internet meme that came about as a response to Kim Davis last year.
I think this is probably the real picture:
And now I see a bunch of different variations-- including "I shot first," inserted above-- so it's likely that the one I posted is a fake and not representative of how Harrison really feels. You can't trust anything you see on the internet!
I bet when Harrison Ford broke his leg on set he probably said under his breath this was a bad idea doing Star Wars again. Lol
Yeah, somebody holding a white card in a picture is just BEGGING to be photoshopped.
I can't tell, are the shots of Rey and Luke in this micro-teaser "new" or are they pulled from The Force Awakens?
The establishing shot of Luke's island is definitely new.
seems like newly filmed to me...
I believe they were filmed last year, in order to take advantage of the weather on that island.
It will be interesting to see if the story literally picks up from that cliffhanger, on that island. That would be a first for a Star Wars movie.
"I've got a bad feeling about this..."
Well it doesn't specifically say he won't be in it. I suspect that if he is (in flashbacks, perhaps), they'd want to keep that sort of thing incredibly tight-lipped.
No Billy Dee Williams, either, it seems.
They would. I don't know how likely flashbacks are though -- has there ever been one in Star Wars?
Separate names with a comma.