Star Wars: Episode VIII (The Last Jedi) - SPOILERS POSSIBLE*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MLutthans, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

2. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

We have a title!!!

4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

when in reality, the shadow of JarJar was what we really should have been afraid of.

5. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

People are actually starting to seriously question if the titles are spelling something out.

PH416156 likes this.
  6. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Ha ha too true. Such a cool poster. I still have mine hanging up in my basement watching room right next to my other cool teaser poster that's way better than the actual movie:
    "Real power can't be given. It must be taken"
    [​IMG]

I don't usually get hyped up by trailers, but I just thought after seeing that one that it was going to be such a kick a$$ epic movie.

:crazy::laughup::biglaugh:

7. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

I always liked this one[​IMG] . Today is my birthday and guess what I got as a present...[​IMG]

8. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

My favorite:

[​IMG]

;)

Juggsnelson and Lownote30 like this.
  9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

10. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

That's an unbelievably good poster. I remember getting choked up the first time I saw it.

Then the movie came out, and I got choked up again. With vomit.

11. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Encuentro likes this.
  12. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

:laugh:

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

14. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Apparently the French title is Les Derniers Jedi and the Spanish is Los Ultimos Jedi. Both "Les" and "Los" are the plural for "the," indicating "Jedi" is the plural.

artfromtex, IronWaffle, Plan9 and 2 others like this.
  15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yep. And Rey has a new look. New hairstyle, is using Anikins lightsaber and has a somewhat "wiser" look to her.

Encuentro likes this.
  16. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Pics?

17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

So now its came to light that Del Toro's character's possible name is Vicrum ....get this...Fett. This was discovered on the Wikiwand site under Del Toro's filmography. Then it was taken off the site.

If this is true, and that is a big "if"; then Id have to say 8 is leaning more and more towards a ESB soft reboot.

Another Fett bounty hunter looking for a Jedi. Training of a Jedi on a remote place by a master. Another "I am your father" moment somewhere (or at least "they are your parents" moment). While the two human heroes (Reys friends Po and Fin) are fighting a losing battle against the left over New Order....

I swear, if Disney screws this up and makes another fanboy/derivative movie aka: playing it safe for the big bucks, Ill boycott the rest of them and turn to the "Id-like-to-cram-a-double-ended-lightsaber-in-Mickey-Mouses-big-fat-ear-and-push-the-button" side.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  19. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Don't you think you're jumping the gun just a bit?

20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Probably. Hey, call me Sith Eor. :D

Encuentro likes this.
  21. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Hmmm...good points. We'll have to see. I can understand the reboot/remake they did with VII but they can't do that again.

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yep, Ive accepted that they kind of had to do the reboot to get in the non-ultra-mega fans graces. And, I admit I enjoyed eating the icing also. But its time for some cake. It got the BB-8 ball rolling. Fine. Good, Ill accept the "poetry" GL BS. But now its time to explore some different planets, widen and deepen the 4 main new characters and give is some original twists in the plot. Hell, give us a plot with some new thoughts period. Poets rhyme stuff, ok. But that doesnt mean every poem Robert Frost wrote repeated the same damn idea under a flimsy mask of new words to rhyme.

I can forgive a few wtf moments in the plot if over all it serves the characters growth and makes me actually care about them. Unless they get completely silly and cgi Luke spinning and flying through the air with electricity flying through his eyes instead of making him super cool Im not too worried about his role. He should be easy to reintegrate into the plot. They have to make me care about the new guys in even a deeper way.

And thats the ticket, a whizbang great story making one go "Wow, I would have never thought of that. Too cool." And at the same time making one say "Man, I hated that happened to _____. I wonder what ____will do next? _____ showed us that ______ is truely a likable and someone I can relate to" I dont give a crap about ten awesome lightsaber scenes if the later doesnt happen. Wont mean jack squat without me caring about them.

From what I gather Leia plays a bigger role in this one. Fans seem to be fairly excited about this. I am not so much. God rest her soul, Carrie Fisher was the one and only Princess. But, lets face it, she added very little to the storyline. Do we really want her to be part of the main arch of 8's story and take up screentime that could be used to develop the new characters further?

That is, if they have an original storyline at all. I just wish theyd stop worrying so much about fan acceptance and take some risks. You cant please everyone. Even the prequels storyline was 75% good. And part of that was because at least it was an original, if somewhat too complicated/weighed down, storyline.

My hope is one day they will go back and make a 2 movie prequel that is more based on the 1981 idea of Anikans story. But thats for another decade... a long time in the future..in a script far far away..

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Jim B. likes this.
  23. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

The title is plural in Portuguese too.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C43jX2GW8AAJEdD.jpg

24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I was thinking Id debunk this plural stuff by finding out the spanish poster for ESB was also plural. But its not. It uses "El".

25. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.