Star Wars Resistance premiering October 7th on Disney XD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael Rose, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I've said this on a thread before; I'm about as big of a Star Wars fanboy as there is, and at one point I used to think that there was no such thing as 'too much Star Wars'. I have to admit, I was wrong. I'm burnt to a crisp on Star Wars stuff. Maybe it's the Star Wars on the salad mix, or on the paper towels, or on T-shirts that they sell at the local grocery store. It's everywhere, and it's too much. While this new cartoon may be pretty good, I have zip interest in it, and honestly I hate the fact that it's come to this.

Sorry to be the party pooper.

3. Michael Rose

Also lightsabers and Jedi appear to be M.I.A., at least from this clip.

4. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Who cares? Star Wars is dead! Rian Johnson and Kathy Kennedy killed it with glee! #notmystarwars

;)

Actually looks interesting. Ive enjoyed Clone Wars and Rebels. The art style is a bit weird though.I will definitely check it out.

5. Grunge Master

Uh, nope. Just burnt out on the whole thing. My feelings may change as we get closer to Episode IX.

Michael Rose likes this.
  6. Michael Rose

I miss the golden years when Star Wars was an event that came about every three years or so.

7. Ty D. Tatman

Ty D. Tatman Forum Resident

I get that it doesn't really matter in the age of TiVo and streaming, but who premiers a Disney cartoon at 10:00 PM on a Sunday?

Ghostworld likes this.
  8. Michael Rose

I guess Disney recognizes its target audience is NOT kids. My kids (twins age 10) couldn't give a flying Porg about the franchise.

9. Ty D. Tatman

Really? How many adults stayed with Clone Wars and Rebels? IMHO, at the very least it's a mixed appeal. My 4 year old probably has more interest in a new Star Wars cartoon than I do, and I grew up LOVING this saga.

10. Michael Rose

I added this after your reply: "My kids (twins age 10) couldn't give a flying Porg about the franchise."

Basically it's what we as parents introduce our kids to. Mine LOVE Dr.Who for instance.

11. Ty D. Tatman

Sure, there a lot of adult Star Wars nerds, like myself, who will watch anything they throw out there. The Droids & Ewok cartoons were obviously for kids but they largely sucked. The Clone wars stuff was way more fun but history kinda shows that it had more appeal to youths - look at the box office gate when they took it to the big screen. Rebels? Definitely for kids. My little guy likes it because, voila, his name is Ezra! :) But, other than some neat nuggets, there isn't much there for the 10+ age. This show doesn't look much different. We'll see.

12. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I'm nearly 40 and I thought Rebels was great, especially the Darth Maul storyline and the way they ended the series. I would rather watch that than any of the new trilogy. I have almost zero interest in the Resistance series, I'm trying my best to pretend the new trilogy and all of the post OT BS they've done doesn't exist. (I wouldn't have categorized myself as a big Star Wars nerd prior to this, I've barely encountered any of the post-OT 'legends' material.)

Also IIRC the cartoon Clone Wars movie came out before the series, I thought that series was excellent but didn't love the theatrical film. It was just OK.
    my daughter, about to be 8, loves Star Wars, (she made me record "Return of the Jedi" when it was on a few days ago,) and her 4 year old brother loves 'Dark Bader.' My daughter is far more into the new trilogy than I am, she likes Rey and BB8, (though Princess Leia is her favorite,) and she's got a male cousin and another boy from the neighborhood who are both big Star Wars fans. Her cousin is more into Darth Vader whereas the neighbor kid knows the new trilogy more; his last birthday was a 'Last Jedi' theme, so we have Rey bubbles and Kylo Ren finger skateboards in the house. I think Disney has the kids covered, as usual.

13. David Campbell

Sorry that joke wasn't aimed at you. Just making fun of the idiots on youtube and Reddit the comment sections of Instagram who make that their default reply to any Star Wars news. I didn't even realize you posted above me. My apologies.

Grunge Master likes this.
  14. David Campbell

Actually i sort of agree. I think the one film a year model is daft. The films should be events. Television and streaming are another matter.

Michael Rose likes this.
  15. Grunge Master

No problem!
    They keep talking about a live action series; I'm interested in that.
    I think that some of the movies should be streaming only; for example, Solo. While it wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be, they could've put it on Netflix (or whatever) instead. I could understand Rogue One being in the theater, as it was the first spin-off movie and told a pretty significant story. Whatever the case, they need to slow things down a bit.

David Campbell likes this.
  16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yeah, I'd check out a live action series. These cartoon SW do nothing for me. Kid stuff.

Grunge Master likes this.
  17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

so was the original Star Wars according to Lucas "a movie for 12 year olds"

David Campbell likes this.
  18. David Campbell

I think they are. Rumors are brewing that the Rian Johnson trilogy has either been scaled back or outright cancelled, as well as the Kenobi spin off. I honestly think that after Episode IX Disney should focus on television and other platforms for awhile and take their time with whatever follows cinematically. I say take at least three years off and make the next movies events. The sequel trilogy i think could have benefited from taking an extra year between each film.

Grunge Master and Encuentro like this.
  19. Michael Rose

Or a reboot. :uhhuh:

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

No way. 15-year olds!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.