Star Wars The Empire Of Dreams

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Maidenpriest, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :) Thread Starter

Just re-watched this excellent Documentary that was included in a Star Wars Boxset not sure which one, I think I bought the disc separately in a charity shop, (because my trilogy set is the one with the originals as well as the 1997 version) and I was wondering what the members of SHTV think of this Doc, I was very surprised that it did not have any contributions from the actor that played The Emperor and Darth Vader himself the mighty David Prowse, any thoughts from anyone that has seen it ?

[​IMG]

Empire of Dreams - Wikipedia

2. MondoFanM

MondoFanM Member from ATX

David Prowse has been on the outs with Lucasfilm for probably 20 years. They sent him a cease and desist letter for going to conventions and signing " David Prowse is Darth Vader." Here is a pretty good documentary about him: I Am Your Father (2015) - IMDb

Vidiot and Maidenpriest like this.
  3. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I think it's a great documentary, it celebrates Star Wars but it's candid enough that it doesn't become an unbearable marketing fest. I've watched it a handful of times over the years though I don't always finish it because the second half isn't quite as interesting as the first half. It sort of goes down hill during the making of Return of the Jedi.

Maidenpriest likes this.
  4. ubertrout

ubertrout Forum Resident

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

We'll see how long this lasts on YouTube...

DeeThomaz, Maidenpriest and enro99 like this.
  6. Maidenpriest

Probably for the best, I should watch that Holiday Special some day but from what i have heard it is best to steer clear of it !!

7. ubertrout

ubertrout Forum Resident

[​IMG]

skisdlimit and Maidenpriest like this.
  8. Maidenpriest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.