Star Wars TV series in the works reportedly to take place before ep. IV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by voicebug, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

There are rumors floating around, particularly on theforce.net that a Star Wars TV series is in the works. This would come out after episode III, of course, and be a vehicle to keep Star Wars alive after all 6 films are completed and released on DVD. Supposedly, the series will take place before the events of episode IV. This would mean we would get to see Darth Vader in action as a young man instead of just jumping from the end of Episode III to twenty years later in episode IV.

If this is done with any kind of care, this could be really great. If James Earl Jones provides the voice of Darth Vader, and if John Williams music is adapted by a skilled arranger/composer, then the whole mood of the movies might be captured to great effect. Of course, good actors, writing, and special effects will have to be factors as well.
    Weren't the 'Young Indiana Jones Chronicles' well received? I can't remember too much about them because I was in college, I believe, at the time. Oh well. If this is more than a rumor, it could be pretty cool.

2. GregY

GregY New Member

If it's as good as the Clone Wars, it would be worth watching.

3. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

After they finish Episode III, they should stop right there. Star Wars aint what it used to be and we don't need any more of it. Perhaps if Lucas emphasized story over flash-and-dazzle special effects, I might feel differently.

"Worst Cosmic Wars movie ever!" :agree:

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I agree, Volumes I and II were complete wastes of time, IMO.

Evan

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Just think of the reruns of a Star Wars series: they'd all be redone! :laugh:

I don't know, though. If the current movie production system made the TV series, it could be as mediocre as I and II are. But if a TV production crew could recapture some of the charm of the original films, tone down the special effects (if it's a weekly series, they'd have to), it almost could be good!

6. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

I agree. Clone Wars is fantastic so if the new TV show is as good it will be very much worth watching.

Sean

7. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

It CAN"T be!
    Pretty STRONG, eh!
    Well... that's cause Clone Wars needed no juxtaposition. And you could pile action on top of action, cause 'everyone' knew the story. As well as the characters.
    That's why CW, is now my favorite SW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.