Starring David Janssen as The Fugitive

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JozefK, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident Thread Starter

Was this the episode where someone figured out he was the Fugitive, but he insisted he was innocent and begged them not to turn him in, and they agreed to trust a wanted murderer? That's a favorite of mine too.

2. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Oh yeah -- that's the same one where Gerard almost captures him, but Kimble escapes at the very end. ;)

3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

rockclassics and Pete Puma like this.
  4. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Little Egypt is the only episode where he leaves town without the law being on his trail.

team2 likes this.
  5. HGN2001

I also love the two-parter called "Landscape With Running Figures". The first part is the better of the two, and enough to make the whole thing great. The tension and grittiness of the first part is amazing with Kimble tired and accidentally signing his own name in a seedy diner's timesheet. Heavy rain and dreary black & white backdrops provides the depressing atmosphere for the opening and then the hiding and running begins as Lt. Gerard moves in to attempt a capture. The second part is heavily invested in Barbara Rush's histrionics, but as I say, the setup of the first part provides the weight to keep it all in balance.

guitargal, team2 and Simon A like this.
  6. team2

team2 Forum Resident

While these episodes are not necessarily the best of the series, the "Sister Veronica" trilogy is great too -- 1964's "Angels Travel On Lonely Roads" 2-parter and the 1967 sequel, "The Breaking of The Habit." In a rare instance of continuity between TV episodes in the 1960s, it's fantastic to see Kimble meet up with Sister Veronica again -- especially when they briefly reminisce about their first meeting.

Steve Litos, HGN2001 and Simon A like this.
  7. JozefK

8. JozefK

Simon A likes this.
  9. JozefK

Holdouts Koufax and Drysdale on movie set

[​IMG]

March 28, 1966: At a press conference on the set of the Paramount Studios movie “Warning Shot” are, seated from left, Dodger pitcher Sandy Koufax, actor David Janssen and Dodger pitcher Don Drysdale.

In 1966, Dodgers pitching aces Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale, negotiating together, held out for better contracts. After not reporting to spring training, the pair signed a contract with Paramount Studios.

In his March 30, 1966, Los Angeles Times column, Sports Editor Paul Zimmerman wrote:

In some of its greatest motion picture promotions Hollywood hardly has matched the exploitation that went on the other day when a couple of Dodger pitcher holdouts, cast in minor parts, got the big treatment at Paramount Studios.

David Janssen, the only legitimate actor in the joint, was ignored and practically trampled underfoot as television and still cameramen jostled for positions to record the “rehearsals” of Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale for bit parts in “Warning Shot.”​

[​IMG]

@HGN2001

troggy, fr in sc, team2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. JozefK

11. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Janssen filmed Warning Shot in between Seasons 3 and 4 of The Fugitive...

fr in sc and Simon A like this.
  12. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

(Smack forehead!)
    That's what I get for assuming it had to be the TV show!
    Thanks, I needed that! :doh:

13. JozefK

wayne66 and FritzL like this.
  14. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

I've seen it on MeTV on Sun nights like at midnight or 1am.

15. HGN2001

MeTV runs it Sunday nights, Monday mornings at 2AM.

Starting this week, Oct. 29th, the Decades channel will run THE FUGITIVE weeknights at 12:30 AM Eastern

16. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

I tried to find a game that matches this, the closest I came up with is this game which was April 14, 1962. Wills led off the game against Spahn and walked on a 3-1 count, the next batter was Jim Gilliam though, so maybe not. Willie Davis was on the team, but he was off that day, and rarely batted 2nd anyway in those days. Couldn't find anything in 63 or 64 that matched and I didn't go back any further. For a leadoff hitter, Wills didn't walk that often, so the pickings are pretty slim for this.

For bonus Maury Wills, here he is doing some singing.

17. HGN2001

[​IMG]

team2 likes this.
  18. JozefK

alexpop and wayne66 like this.
  19. JozefK

In "Landscape With Running Figures" Richard Kimble runs into some juvenile delinquents who give him a hard time. Like all teenage punks they're listening to a transistor radio, which is playing the garage nuggets classic "Cry,Cry, Cry!" by The Fogcutters.

The Fogcutters were a Denver band. "Cry, Cry, Cry!" never made any national charts that I know of. I presume it got played in the episode b/c it was on the United Artists label and The Fugitive was a UA production.

troggy, Simon A, team2 and 1 other person like this.
  20. HGN2001

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for that information. Above are images of the record as it appeared on Carthay and later Liberty.

troggy and Simon A like this.
  21. JozefK

Director Ralph Senensky's Reflections on The Fugitive

Veteran director Ralph Senensky set up a blog at Senensky.com where his behind-the-camera memories of his long career in television are presented. One of the many classic television programs he describes in remarkable detail is The Fugitive. Fugitive fans may enjoy checking Mr. Senensky's reflections on working on the following episodes:

When The Bough Breaks - Ralph's Cinema Trek

Detour On A Road Going Nowhere - Ralph's Cinema Trek

An Apple A Day - Ralph's Cinema Trek

When The Wind Blows - Ralph's Cinema Trek

wayne66, team2 and Simon A like this.
  22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

a treasure in my collection...but, what a ride getting a corrected box set. I can't imagine how they will screw up a BD box if ever one comes out! LOL...such a wonderful show.

23. JozefK

Fugitive episodes that never were

I found this premise in an ancient thread on another forum. I'm adding the condition that the episode must feature guest stars who never did the show in reality.

Anyone wanna play? I'll start:

The guest stars in tonight's story:

Ralph Belllamy

Tammy Grimes

Frank Ferguson

Special guest star, Claire Trevor

Tonight's episode:

THE HUNTER IS CAPTURED BY THE GAME

Dudley Morris and team2 like this.
  24. JozefK

Walter Matthau

Joi Lansing

David Opatoshu

Special guest star, Edward Andrews

Tonight's episode:

ECHO OF A LONELY THUNDER

Steve Litos and Dudley Morris like this.
  25. HGN2001

Jenny Maxwell
    [​IMG]

Cynthia Pepper
    [​IMG]

Leonard Nimoy
    [​IMG]

Special guest star, Elizabeth Montgomery
    [​IMG]

Tonight's episode: The Dual-Edged Sword