Status Quo album-by-album thread (50 Years of Quo)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JulesRules, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

You have a mono version? Why the hell didn't they include that on the recent deluxe?! They could've made that set even more value for money! I'll look forward to a super-super deluxe version in a couple of years with this mono version. Hopefully they'll even do a shoddy needledrop of your very own copy for the project! Er sorry shouldn't be so sarcastic about the Quo deluxes....

2. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Be careful, she might frequent this forum ;)

:shake:

Johns44 likes this.
  3. Forget about any of that stuff, folks! My headphone jack or adapter plug has a lose wire or something!.. I fiddled with it a little bit, and suddenly: stereo! The record sounds pretty good now... Much less garage-y...

:doh:

4. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074BL9RY7/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_apa_RVwSzb5T2GY97

Sorry if this derails the thread a bit but I saw this posted in some of the Status Quo Facebook Groups today and though some people viewing the thread might be interested in this. It seems they are going to release the complete Live At The N.E.C. show as a standalone 2 cd release on October 20. It was previously only released on the pricey and out of print Live At The BBC megabox set (I only was able to get the 4 cd version here in the U.S. as an import so I don't have the complete show).

5. Johns44

Johns44 Forum Resident

Be much better if they released the whole gig on DVD/Blu Ray.

Man at C&A likes this.
  6. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Personally, I play cds much more than dvds or Blu-rays. I tend to watch them once or twice and then file them away. Plus no dvd/Blu-ray player in the car.

7. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

8. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]

PJayBe likes this.
  9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Here is the track listing. IMWAN • [2017-10-20] Status Quo "Live At The NEC (Deluxe Edition)" 2CD set (Universal UK)

[CD1]
    1. Caroline
    2. Roll Over Lay Down
    3. Backwater
    4. Little Lady
    5. Don't Drive My Car
    6. Whatever You Want
    7. Hold You Back
    8. Rockin' All Over The World
    9. Over The Edge
    10. Don't Waste My Time
    11. Dirty Water

[CD2]
    1. Forty-Five Hundred Times
    2. Big Fat Mama
    3. Roadhouse Blues
    4. Rain
    5. Down Down
    6. Bye Bye Johnny

10. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I have been listening to the Quo because of this thread and I burned this cdr and I thought some others might enjoy seeing the track list.

Status Quo - Quo Rarities - non-lp tracks and rarities.

1. To Be Free
    2. Make Me Stay A Little Bit Longer
    3. Auntie Nellie
    4. Josie
    5. Do You Live In Fire?
    6. The Price Of Love
    7. Tune To The Music
    8. Good Thinking
    9. Joanne
    10. Caroline - Slow version
    11. Lonely Night
    12. You Lost The Love
    13. Wild Side Of Life
    14. All Through The Night
    15. Hard Ride
    16. Another Game In Town
    17. Bad Company
    18. Rearrange
    19. AB Blues
    20. Calling The Shots
    21. Good Sign
    22. Fame Or Money

Almost Simon and PJayBe like this.
  11. Almost Simon

Any chance you can list where each track comes from? I know others will know every track listed here but good to understand where each is sourced from.

12. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

Not sure if you missed it or just skipped it, but there's also the b-side version of Gerdundula, although it's not as good as the album version. And no Down the Dustpipe or In My Chair?! Though I suppose not everything would fit on a CD-R.

13. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

I'm tempted by this as a hold-over until (pleeease!) they release the full Milton Keynes End of the Road show from '84 which apparently circulates in sbd (beyond the video-sourced tracks) but I've never found.

14. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Correct, they wouldn't fit and Down The Dustpipe and In My Chair appear on a lot of the Quo compilation albums so I didn't include them. I tried to pick the tracks that were less common. I included the slow version of Caroline because it was significantly different than the released version.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Ma Kelly likes this.
  15. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

They come from the remasters of the individual albums except tracks 16 & 20 which are from the Rockers Rollin' box set and tracks 21 & 22 which are tracks that did not appear on the lp version of Rock Til You Drop and were cd only bonus tracks.

Almost Simon likes this.
  16. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Great band, sadly not very popular here in the states, with the exception Matchstick.

Man at C&A likes this.
  17. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

Not picking holes in your tracklist by the way, but does that mean you're not a fan of Time to Fly? Always been one of my favourites - would've made a nice addition to Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon. And have you heard Shifting Sands? I'm not that up to speed with that song, but apparently it's a Dog of Two Head outtake (?) that only came on the This and That cd that accompanied a book. Could be wrong, but I think that's the only other officially released 'lost song' that's out there from the 70s. Fairly obscure though!

JulesRules likes this.
  18. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I don't have the book so I don't have that track. I don't believe Time To Fly is included on the most recent version of Dog Of Two Heads.

The track Getting Better was on the 2005 reissue of Rockin' All Over The World but not included on the Deluxe Edition so I don't have that one either but I listened to it on Youtube and it is no great shakes.

There are some demos on the Deluxe Edition of If You Can't Stand The Heat but some were released on later albums and they are pretty rough.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    JulesRules likes this.
  19. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

Ha it's pretty hard keeping a check of all these songs, but you're right about Time to Fly. Never noticed that - so it's not on the latest Dog or Ma Kelly's releases. Hmmm...so this song has just disappeared! Wonder if it's to do with someone twigging that Lancaster didn't write it, as the credits always used to say, and that it's a Spirit cover instead. Ah yes that wonderful Getting Better cover. I'd somehow blocked that from my memory. And those demos! I'm no true Quo fan at all! :(

mikmcmee, JulesRules and John Fell like this.
  20. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Since they are NOT including everything on these Deluxe Editions, it IS pretty confusing. :uhhuh:

JulesRules and Ma Kelly like this.
  21. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

22. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It sounds like it belongs to the Spare Parts era.

23. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

Yeah it's probably their most Bee Gees sounding song. Wonder if that's a mellotron on it? Sounds like one.

24. Almost Simon

Spinning 'Quo' at present. Is it time for that one yet??? :agree:

JulesRules likes this.
  25. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

It's always time for Quo!

sewerdog, JulesRules and Man at C&A like this.