Status Quo - 'Live At The N.E.C.' 2017 Expanded Release (CD & Vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zephead2112, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I couldn't find a thread for this news so I thought I'd start one here for those who aren't aware of this October 2017 release;

Status Quo To Re-Release Historic 'Live At The NEC' Show On CD/Vinyl

I'd like to know if the vinyl comes with a download card as it isn't mentioned in any of the listings.

N.B. Amazon UK is showing the vinyl as currently unavailable for pre-order although it is available on other sites.

2. Zephead2112

3. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

100% gonna purchase this.

Zephead2112 likes this.
  4. Zephead2112

@Scott6 - Yeah, always loved this gig and I've always had a soft spot for Quo. I was surprised that my OP sat dormant for nine days without one reply to be honest.

Scott6 likes this.
  5. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

I bought the From The Makers album when it came out and I was about 14. I played the live disc to death. Be fantastic to get the full gig. I know its been out before but it was part of a huge box set. This is gonna be great. The version of Forty Five Hundred Times is 23 minutes and readily available on YouTube. Phenomenal version.

Zephead2112 likes this.
  6. Zephead2112

Me too. I have fond memories of playing that live disc in the mid-80's just after I left home to join the RN. I saw them at Selhurst Park in '84 on their 'End Of The Road' tour. 33 years on and counting, hard to believe...... ;)

Mikewest likes this.
  7. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

I remember listening to this live on Radio 1 as it happened. I wanted to get that version of Dirty Water for a long time, and was disappointed when it wasn't on From The Makers Of. So I'll definitely be in for this.

8. shadowlord

shadowlord Forum Resident

looking forward to this.
    hopefully they keep some dynamics intact.

9. spencer1812

spencer1812 Forum Resident

I'll be picking this up for sure.

Thanks OP.

Zephead2112 likes this.
  10. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

If Andy Pearce hasn't gone off the rails again, this will probably be the case. (I don't have it yet.)

However, be warned that the CD has a pressing error. The company are trying to organize replacements. Download and vinyl are fine.

11. Zephead2112

I haven't played my vinyl yet but I'm really enjoying the download that came with it (currently playing through Sonos). I personally think that they've done a great job with this so no complaints from me; sounds great! From a the packaging perspective, it's a shame that they didn't make the LP a gatefold cover but that's a minor gripe; the liner notes and photos are printed on the inner sleeves.

EDIT: Big thumbs up for the vinyl too.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    JulesRules likes this.
  12. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Any word on the schedule for a cd repress? I was going to pick one up until I read about the problem.

JulesRules likes this.
  13. JulesRules

A replacement program has now begun...

Due to a production fault on ‘Status Quo – Live at the NEC’ 2-CD deluxe edition, on Roadhouse Blues (CD2, track 3) where the track has suffered a loss of sound between 00.42 and 02.04, this product has been withdrawn from the market while replacement discs get made up.

All customers wishing to receive a replacement disc will need to send an email to the below address, showing proof of purchase along with their postal address.

[email protected]

Universal apologise for any inconvenience caused and endeavour to send out replacements as soon as available.

spencer1812 likes this.
  14. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Any idea when the new versions will be repressed? I don't want to place an order until they are fixed.

melstapler likes this.
  15. spencer1812

Fast work there my Friend. Thanks. I've sent off an e-mail for the replacement disc.

JulesRules likes this.
  16. JulesRules

I'd wait until Amazon sells it again themeselves.

melstapler and John Fell like this.
  17. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

That's what I thought I would do if I couldn't find out anything else.

JulesRules likes this.
  18. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

Back on sale again and with the fault corrected. Sad really as the majority of reviews on Amazon are now 1 star due to earlier pressing issues.

Anyway I can happily advise you can purchase without any worries now. Brilliant release and complete show in full rockin' glory.

JulesRules, melstapler and John Fell like this.
  19. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Some people have also said that the sound isn't as good on the tracks on the second disc. Any thoughts on that?

20. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

Yes the sound quality does dip a tiny bit on disc 2 and you can detect some very light hiss in background but I believe this due to being taken direct from the original radio broadcast. However does not put me off one bit. Great to have this historic gig available in full and 4500 Times is awesome.

melstapler and John Fell like this.
  21. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Thank you @Scott6. I went ahead and ordered a copy.

melstapler likes this.
  22. JulesRules

I still need this one...

23. Bob G

Bob G New Member

Has anybody actually receive a replacement dis from Universal? Am I better off returning the CD to where I bought it from?

24. shadowlord

shadowlord Forum Resident

would anyone care to upload a short sample of this disc ?

25. spencer1812

My request for a replacement went nowhere. I asked Amazon UK for a refund and they did. Let me keep the discs too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.