Stealing a Prix idea -help me find out which movie / show this is!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by fjhuerta, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

There was one time, a long time ago, that I was sick and had to stay home for weeks, bedridden.

I had a fever, and I was watching TV. I saw something that I have never been able to forget. It was scary and interesting at the same time.

I saw it on MTV. It was on black and white. It was 2 or 3 minutes long (but I suspect the whole thing was a lot longer).

In it, there was a doll, and some toys. It looked like an old movie. Everything was covered with nails, or tiny sharp pieces of metal. Someone apparently was moving a magnet around everything, and the slivers of metal moved. It looked as if everything was alive.

I don't know anything else about it... I hope someone else saw the clip. It happened some 18 years ago...

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

The Brothers Quay. That piece is on the collection which you may find out about here:

www.kino.com

I got my copy from Amazon, and yes, all their stuff is that bizarre.

3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

4. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member Thread Starter

Pink... YES!!! Thank you very much!!!

This Amazon.com review sums it the best:

EXACTLY what I remember about it. I must get it... well, next month, that is. I can't believe someone else knew about it!!! THANKS A LOT!!!

5. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

You're quite welcome. I find that, on the internet, there is always someone who can answer a question, no matter how obscure or bizarre. Sometimes, that's a good thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.