Steely Dan in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tyler, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Have fun, Tyler. Any other shows you've seen in Honolulu in the past year or two? Just curious as to who plays in Hawaii.

Jim w

3. Tyler

:laugh:

Good one! NO ONE ever comes to Hawaii. It's the fluke of the century that I'm seeing Yes & Steely Dan within two weeks of each other. All my recent concerts have involved a trip to the mainland (Rush, Paul McCartney, Tool, Radiohead).

I'm hoping the Flaming Lips will come to Hawaii sometime next year.

4. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Tyler,

I hope they have the entire stage set with the screen projections. I've never seen Pink Floyd live, but I have to tell you, from what I saw in Las Vegas, the Dan rivalled the Floyd in terms of visuals! Absolutely beautiful. :thumbsup:

Too bad the sound wasn't as beautiful. :sigh: Oh well - there's always hope!

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Tyler said:

How does one get to Hawaii anyway? As I recall, there are no roads leading to Hawaii. ;)

Kym said:

The visuals for Steely Dan were very good when I saw them in New Jersey in August. That said, they didn't match the visuals when I saw Pink Floyd at Soldier Field in Chicago in 1994 (The Division Bell tour).

6. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Have they played "Deacon Blues" at all on this tour? Although it's not my favorite SD tune, their version of it on the 2000 2vN tour was stunning. :)

7. Tyler

Deacon Blues=Best Steely Dan song ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.