[Steve] Any 45RPM cuts going to production?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sckott, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

Wondering if any of the stuff you and Kevin cut at 45 will make it to consumer hands, ie: CCR....?

Thanks!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Sckott, that's Chad Kassem's call on the Creedence stuff. We did cut some of the stuff at 45 RPM.

When S&P starts doing LP's, we will try some at 45. Personally, I don't think it makes a damn bit of difference, but it depends on the music, I realize...

3. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Will S&P give any thought to 12inch singles?

4. Steve Hoffman

All that expensive vinyl for just two songs? Probably cost too much.

What did you have in mind?

5. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Steve,

I would love to see some "audiophile" wide-grooved 12" 45rpm singles of some our absolute great sounding single favs...imagine a Good Vibrations 12" 45rpm....

Bob ;)

6. Steve Hoffman

Yes, I get it, but how much would someone be willing to pay for something like that I wonder?

7. Bob Lovely

Steve,

How about $10.99 a unit? I would snap them up...issue a few signed by you (first 25 units).

Bob

8. Sckott

Actually, the reason I asked this question is for "Sweet Hitch-hiker". Is that track showing up anywhere in the scheme of things to come, Steve?

9. Bob Lovely

Sckott,

Another great example...imagine it cut hot at 45rpm. Maybe we should start a list?

Bob :)

10. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I think some 45 releases would be fun but I know what you mean about the cost factor (RTI then to consumer). Would it save some cost by not using the 180gm vinyl? I'm sure you can still get some nice deep grooves if they're one-sided. I'd love to hear the mono versions of 'Hey Jude' & 'Revolution' and the stereo versions available on a "bonus" disc (I know, keep hoping)...

Todd

11. Sckott

Yeah, I'm thinking it COULD be cut hot. Possibly enough dynamics in the tape anyways, and in the high-hats to go "wide" on it.

12. Bob Lovely

Sckott,

My original 7" 45 is cut very hot, maybe too hot. I would imagine a 12" 45 cut by Steve and Kevin could be cut ultra-hot considering the song length!

Bob :D

13. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Classic Records is charging it 45's in that price range and many titles having been sold out.

Autographed copies? I may be able to get you some after I perfect the strokes of Master Steve. His signature on my DCC The Sinatra Family/Wish You a Merry Christmas sure looks pretty but it is far from being easy to imitate. ;)

14. Sckott

Easy now. Don't want the "good vibrations" turning bad! Like those techno-UK imports at 45rpm! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.