Steve, any cool stories from when you were "Workin' For MCA"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nashreed, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashreed

nashreed New Member Thread Starter

Hi Steve,

I was wondering if you had some cool stories from your early tenure at MCA that you could share: maybe bumping into Olivia Newton-John in the elevator, being mistaken for a member of Giuffria, maybe lifting a couple of Buddy Holly gold records when you left (I'm kidding :o )...

Thanks!!

James

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Yeah did you get to meet Tom Petty???

3. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

How about some Irving Azoff stories??

4. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

When you tell people you worked for MCA, did they confuse that with MCI, and tell you to stop calling them?

5. Matt

Matt New Member

How about mastering Meaty, Beaty, etc. in a rush. Could you sort of give a breakdown of those few, hurried hours, just to indulge us?

6. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident

When you told MCA you were leaving for DCC, did they make a counter-offer? ("We'll double your salary and let you supervise a box set of Buddy Holly's complete recordings. Also, we promise that you'll never be asked to remaster a Cher anthology.")

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I don't think MCA realized Steve's potential and were kicking themselves in the a** for many a long year when they saw the amazing stuff he was doing with MCA.

Hey - artists are just people, too!

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Steve, just tell us when Neil Aspinall calls!!!!!
    :laugh:

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Steve, you've related a number of titles that DCC was hoping to release but couldn't for one reason or another. Do you have any stories of MCA titles that you were slated to master but then weren't able to for some reason? How about MCA titles you always wish you had gotten to work on?

10. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Steve, tell 'em the Roy Orbison car wash story, that was during your tenure at MCA, right?:)

Jeff

11. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I like the story Steve told of meeting the Who just a week or two before Keith died.:(

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.