DCC Archive steve: Grass Roots question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ruyeno, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruyeno

ruyeno New Member Thread Starter

I can't seem to find a copy of the "Temptation Eyes" cd that you remastered, but I was able to find "All Time Greatest Hits" (MCAMD 11467). By any chance, do you know if MCA used your work in this latter compilation? Thanks!

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I'm pretty sure MCA, Universal, whatever, uses Bill Inglot's work now. He remixed several tracks like "Live For Today" and "Midnight Confessions". The giveaway? Little or NO tape hiss. Also, Bill Inglot remastered the double set anthology back in the early 90s. I'm sure the 1985 single disc used Bill's work. The anthology and the single disc sound the same.

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Erick Labson did the remastering on the "All Time Greatest Hits" CD that MCA has in print.

4. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Whoah, whoah...where do these remixes show up?

I have quite a few GRass Roots CDs, all but one of a slightly newer vintage (the only old one I have is the old MCA Live for Today CD). The others are:

Anthology (2-disc Rhino set)
    Where Were You (Varese disc)
    Let's Live for Today/Feelings (Repertoire)

Personally, I don't hear any remixes evident...?

-D

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Bradley, Erik Labson did the mastering but he most likely used Bill Inglot's remixes. Since Labson has a thing for maximizing levels, and the anthology and "All Time Greatest Hits" sound alike he probably used the same tapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.