Steve Hoffman and Dwight Twilley

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Hey Steve,

I think perhaps my favorite piece of your work is Dwight Twilley's "Sincerely" album. How you could make an old 16 bit silver cd sound better than most of the finest audiophile pressings, 24 bit remasters, gold cds, MFSL cds, etc is beyond me. Steve, you are a stud. Twilley sounds INCREDIBLE with you at the controls. Since I am a huge fan of both you and Dwight Twilley, can you tell me anything about the work you did with his albums? Any tales, information, or anecdotes you'd be willing to share?

Sincerely,

prix

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Not really. Twilley was there with me for all mastering. There were so many different mixes of everything but it was fun going through it all. I've been a big fan forever so it was nice to be able to pick his brain.

Try to find that Twilley Rarities DCC/Shelter disc we did. Can't remember the name right now, but it was a goodie.

3. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Dwight Twilley Band- The Great Lost Twilley Band DCC SRZ-8020

A must have for any Twilley fan...25 tracks....one of my favorites.

prix...you'll love it if you like "Sincerely". If you don't have "Twilley Don't Mind" pick that up too!!!!!!!

Joe

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Thanks, Joe.

Still love that compilation.

5. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

That should have read..."The Great Lost Twilley Album"

Joe...

6. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Wow! That's awesome. Do you have any photos? Forgive my prying, but what sort of questions did you ask him when you picked his brain? Do you know what guitar and amp combos he used? How it was recorded? Techniques? Etc? I will DEFINITELY try to find the Great Lost Twilley Album. I didn't know you had done that one also. Right now, I only have Sincerely and Twilley Don't Mind on cd. I've got a later album on vinyl.

BTW, Amazon has the Great Lost Twilley album used, but it's $30.

7. 'Sincerely' sounded great on the original vinyl, too. I have 4 of his lp's, all vinyl.

The only thing I've heard by him on a cd was his take on Badfinger's "I Can't Take It"
    which appeared on a low-rent tribute cd.
    His performance was likely the highlight of the disk.

I have a Phil Seymour solo record too, it was comparable to the Twilley band records!!

8. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Prix,

When I saw Dwight Twilley live many years ago, he was playing a Fender Telecaster through a Fender amp, probably a Twin Reverb.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.