Steve Hoffman remastering George Benson's "Breezin'"(1976)album for Audio Fidelity SACD...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lukejosephchung, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

If you are signed up for Amazon Prime, you can hear the entire album for free in Prime Music.

2. KeithH

Yes, it is. :)

Heckto35 likes this.
  3. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

I've never heard this album or indeed anything else by George Benson before.
    I'm just listening to it on Youtube for the first time and I like it. With Steve doing his magic it should sound fantastic.

Heckto35 likes this.
  4. love4another

love4another Forum Resident

I hope to see Steve remastering some 5.1 titles for future releases. Quad mixes previously issued on LP only would be great for AF SACD.

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

My model BDP S-360 does not say it will play SACD. I put an SACD disc in and it will not initiate. Of course it will play everything else.

I checked the price for new 390s. I don't have $400! I will not buy a used unit.

6. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

7. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

8. tootull

I take analog for granted. OH NO!
    I hate discussing players that I'm not familiar with. Posted for SACD through HDMI for Grant.

9. tootull

No analog...scary picture :cry: ;)
    [​IMG]

10. love4another

love4another Forum Resident

They only cost £90 brand new when they came out !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-BDPS...ideo_DVDPlayers_Recorders&hash=item4d198a397d

Watch ebay. Sony BDP-S370 plays SACD, as does 380 model.

11. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Thanks. I do have Prime.

Pat

12. dwmann

dwmann Well-Known Member

As good as Kevibn is, Steve puts some kind of extra magic into his digital work. Kevin is better at vinyl.

13. tootull

14. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

:uhhuh::uhhuh:
    If you can afford the latest OPPO universal player then go for it - a no brainer! Just be forewarned, it'll spoil your ears and you will never look back :uhhuh: The cheaper SACD players, even Sonys, employ inferior DACs and simply do not do SACD's DSD justice.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    Tullman likes this.
  15. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

Received an AF e-mail about this and "Super Session" SACD by Al Kooper...members will be getting their copies on August 5th...

16. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

One that is becoming increasingly common, unfortunately. You have to check every digital player before you buy it. First all the analog video jacks disappeared now they're working on audio. You can thank the record companies and movie studios for a lot of this. :shake:

17. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I hope it doesn't have 'bonus tracks'. (One of my pet peeves.)

18. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's the original album track lineup, but there WAS a bonus track originally recorded during the "Breezin'" sessions at Capitol Tower ("Down Here On The Ground") included for the DVD-A and the Rhino CD remaster by Bill Inglot...I was actually disappointed that it was left off this time, as it works with the album. They had also included the single edit of the album track "This Masquerade"...

John B Good likes this.
  19. KeithH

As expected, the Breezin' and Super Session SACDs have been delayed on amazon.com. The release date for both discs was originally listed as August 5th but changed to August 19th a little while ago.

20. RonW

RonW Forum Resident

I liked that album. Good sound for sure this should be interesting.

21. KeithH

There is no shortage of good versions. Amongst various CDs, the DVD-Audio disc, and the Japanese SACD in my collection, I have yet to hear a bad one.

MikeJedi and RonW like this.
  22. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Yeah, because I looked at the title for THIS thread. And I didn't even know there was a DVD-A! And I didn't even know there was surround!

Plus, this is a title that improved sound could up my interest in. Or maybe I'm thinking of "Living Inside Your Love"-nice music but something always bugged me a bit about the sound.

23. UncleHalsey

UncleHalsey Forum Resident

The Led Zeppelin vinyl should have been all analog. A major missed opportunity that is hopefully corrected by the time Physical Graffiti is ready for release (just as Apple redeemed itself on the Mono Vinyl Box).

Back to the thread topic, how about Give Me the Night or The Other Side of Abbey Road for SACD?

Heckto35 likes this.
  24. KeithH

Here's hoping that Audio Fidelity is just starting a George Benson campaign with Breezin'. :)

25. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

I received my copy via the Audio Fidelity drone today. I will listen to the Redbook layer in the car this evening...

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.