Steve - question about your mastering experiences...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Holy Zoo, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Steve,
    There seems to be much improvement on The DCC Eagles Greatest Hits Cee Dee, especially, "Already Gone"...in comparing that track to the standard Greatest Hits Cee Dee...It's mindblowing. Did ya work hard on that one??? Unbelievable...One of my favs!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Yeah, I did. A mastering challenge, but nothing like the "Hotel California" album!

3. Michael

I've been excited with every SH involved piece of music i've listened to so far...I can't you say that about any other...Even if Steve's Mastering Cookbook Of Sound was published, they could never duplicate the sound he hears...One of a kind you are Steve! Lucky for us...

4. Michael

I'm still blow away everytime I play "Already Gone"!...

HC...Agreed...Another amazing Cee Dee...Title track was one of my reference DCC Gold tracks to brag on...Wonderful!

5. Michael

Murder He Says...

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

That "back off by half" advice is funny. After lots of listening and tweaking, I was convinced that the combination of my Sony HT receiver, my DVD/SACD player, my Polk satellite & Sub speakers and my family room created a 2 dB "hole" at around 3.1kHz in my HT system. I made this adjustment, became convinced that everything sounded better, and lived with it for a while. Last weekend, however, I convinced myself that it really only needed 1dB. I guess it works!

Regards,

7. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

Steve...if memory serves...on the vinyl of Eagles GH the fade on Already Gone almost seems to crossfade in to Desperado. On the original CD of GH the fade is clipped about three or four seconds. Great to have it intact on the DCC version. And I love how the 3D of the Eagles skull is preserved like the album.

Thanks,

Brian

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Glad you noticed, Brian!

9. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I always tell others about that DCC Eagles' Greatest Hits. It sounds the best. Now, why couldn't have Ted Jensen have gotten closer to that sound?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.