DCC Archive Steve - tapes that made you glad to be alive...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Howdy! I'm curious - what tapes have you worked on that made you wanna cry when you threaded them up and realized you'd hit the mystical paydirt of true master quality? Are there any tapes you thought you'd never find the right one of, only to have someone make a last ditch dig through the vaults and make a project happen? I get mighty happy when I slap on Surf Legends and Rumors (BTW, who had the tape of Cecelia Ann? Did you have it all this time???) Have fun in Vegas!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

The usuals, Pal.

Buddy Holly
    Bob Dylan
    Beach Boys
    Surf Legends stuff
    Chris Montez stuff
    Etc.

Most recently it has been Dobie Gray. No one has heard (or used) the master tape of THE "IN" CROWD in 35 years. Man, it sounds great. Three-track, yet.

3. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Steve,

I can't wait to hear In-Crowd from the Master tape! When do you anticipate the release...or does it depend on DCC getting "back on it's feet"? Steve Massie used a Stereo disc dub on his release...but to hear the first generation tape, whew! Also, why was this tape MIA for so long?

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Pat,

The Dobie Gray project that I am working on does not have a label home as of yet.

The original Producer has many of the Gold Star Studio Dobie Gray session tapes.

5. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Yeah, Surf Legends. Don't forget Beach Classics. "New York's a lonely town..."(pigmode in the shower)

6. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

I'd love to hear more Dobie Gray. I think most people think he only recored "The In Crowd" and "Drift Away"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.