Steve, what's your favorite mastering job?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ACK!, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Yes it does...
    Steve that's one of my top reference DCC Cee Dees! Just incredible..."Hello I Love You" is another!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Bob,

Yes, I used the same monitors that Bill Zim-zick :) used. That was the only way I could hear what he was trying to accomplish via the mix.

3. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Had to hang them (the speakers) out in space like they did too, Steve?

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Yes, in the middle of the room. Anything else just made the bass go crazy.

5. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Ahhh, the old well-hung speaker trick - don't want flaccid things going on with the sound, eh???

6. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Strange to hear you say how it is never fun handling tapes. I was just listening to the Buddy Holly CD this weekend & thinking what a thrill it must have been (and how frightening) to open up the original tape boxes from 1958.

-BZync

7. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

Maybe it's the fear of what might happen if one's not careful :eek:

Damn, there goes that glass of Coke... :D

Joel

8. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I didnt even know Steve did any Dylan. I have only seen a few DCC at the used cd stores. I think they had a McCartney Red Rose Speedway, and some Todd Rudgren, a few jazz, and some Rush either MFSL or DCC. If I had seen a Dylan DCC that cd would have been in my hot little hands faster than fast. Are the new Dylan SACDs going to be hybrids? Not trying to thread crap, just lazy.

9. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Beatlelennon65, you must hunt down the DCC gold disc of HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED with all the determination of the Terminator pursuing Sarah Connor.

Not only is this one of the greatest rock albums of all time, the sound of these tapes is incredible. Another thread asked what the ultimate DCC remastering was, and this one got the most posts for a reason. You have not heard "Like A Rolling Stone" until you've got ahold of this one.

I don't know which album Mr. Hoffman is proudest of, but I'd vote this his "greatest hit." So far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.