Steve - your "Who's Next"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AKA, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :goodie: :wave: I just checked thea&b sound Web site. They have Who's Next on sale for $7.99 Canadian / $5.33 U.S. I wonder if the people running A+B's online service have figure something out. There are 35 Who titles and Steve's Who's Next is the only one on sale. Hmmmm. :) Get it while you can.

2. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :righton:
    Graham, what's that Meatloaf song, "You took the words right out of my mouth..."

3. chaz

chaz Senior Member

miike and Graham, I totally agree, its a musical wasteland here. For gawds sake the selection of cd singles alone at Tower in Seattle is just about larger than the normal catalog section at A&B downtown Vancouver:cry:

4. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

Maybe it was BMG. Heck, it was like 18 years ago. A friend of mine in college got me on it, and I ordered a bunch of CD's to start off - this was one of them. I stopped within a year because they never carried what I really wanted.

Anyway, I just loaded the disc up on my PC and opened EAC just to look at the total time:

43:23.

Then I realized that EAC ignores the starting 2-second gap that's on every CD.

Went over to the old Sony CD player and loaded the disc there:

43:25.

Looks like I have a winner. :D

Joel

5. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Yeah I guess that's right Sckott, but even if we include the lurkers and even those who know Steve's name but have never been here, we're still a drop in the ocean of the music buying public, don't you think?

6. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

BC

7. Guys, thanks for the link to a&b, I just bought Who's Next and Meaty Beaty for a grand total of $19.60 canadian, less than the cost of a single disk in the US and shipped to my home, YIKES! Don't ask me why I waited so long to get either of therse, I have a lot of Who vinyl and the Maximum R & B box, perhaps I just thought I had enough Who records (just not any well mastered ones).

BTW, the original mix of Who Sell Out has been doing the rounds as a cutout, you can get it for $5 at Dollar General and some gas stations around here for slightly higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.