Steven Wilson "Home Invasion - In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall" (BR+2CD, DVD+2CD) Oct 26/18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DesertChaos, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Yep, those are all great as well. Just too many awesome songs to list them all! :)

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  2. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Sent a note to Burning Shed and they responded the next morning. Will send a replacement disc. Great customer service! Don't have to send back the old disc either.

We shall see if that solves the problem. Someone noticed that there are some inserts to ameliorate lack of coverage but this is definitely a sync issue as its present throughout.

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Got my copy of 'Home Invasion'(Blu-Ray-CDs) today along with my Police Vinyl Box Set(I held off on the first Kate Bush CD Box Set and the first Vinyl Set, but still plan to buy it and the 2nd CD Box Set and Aerial Vinyl when that 2nd Batch gets released in a few Weeks).

I will not get to play the Blu-Ray for 'Home Invasion' for a few days(do not have a 5.1 System yet though), as busy today and tomorrow doing Team Video for a few State Soccer Title Games.

Might reconsider going to see SW again in his 2nd Stop in Philly in a few weeks, but did not want to be in a Standing Room only venue, having Pain in my Right Leg from Damaged L-4 & L-5 Nerves(caused by a Doctor, who did my original Herniated Disc), but had to stand for the Radiohead Concert despite having a Seat only 7 Rows up.

I am reconsidering going though, now that I see his next Album will not be out until 2020, so the next Tour would also be 18-24 Months away most likely, and I love 'To the Bone' and figured his return visit to Philly might include Songs from 'Hand Cannot Erase' that he played in a few Cities in the Spring that had 2 Shows like NYC.

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  4. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Deform is probably one of my favorite SW songs ever

5. BrainOfJHA

BrainOfJHA Pearl Jam high five!

I watched my copy over the weekend and it was terribly out of sync. Had to adjust the A/V sync on my receiver to make it watchable. No issues on other Blu-rays that I have recently purchased. Did you purchase yours from Burning Shed?

6. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Yes, and there are no syncing problems on it.

7. Tony-A

Tony-A Forum Resident

Weird....no sync problems on my copy purchased through Amazon. That has to be very frustrating.
    Peace,
    Tony

8. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

I did and they are sending a replacement disc.

9. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

This is an excellent set by Steve and his band. They are here in town this coming Sunday.

10. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Sync issues are caused by editing and/or authoring, so the whole print run would be affected (i.e. it's not a disc pressing issue). I doubt a new disc would solve the problem, although happy to be proven wrong.

lennonology likes this.
  11. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

To me it seems more to be a compability problem between the disc and the player. I have two discs that were heavily out of synch when I played it on my old Oppo BDP83 while all my other discs played fine. I just tried these two discs in my new Oppo UDP205 and they both play flawlessly.

These are the discs:
    1. Eagles farewell Tour in Melbourne (I got a replacement disc for this one that still was out of sync on my old player)
    2. Paul Simon Live in New York City

JediJoker and Plan9 like this.
  12. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

You could very well be right, I will find out when the new disc arrives and report back to my compadres here on the SHF. If the issue persists I will be in the market for a new universal player.

13. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

How about the SW HI disc, do you experience the sync problem on the 83 and not on the 205?

14. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

Sorry, the 83 is packed away in a box and meant for being a backup for the 205 so I can not check this. The sync on this disc though is perfect on the 205.

Also - I had one disc, out of approx. 1000, that did not play on the 83. It was the Depeche Mode Violator SACD, which is now playing fine on the 205.

Did i say that I am very happy with my 205...:cool:

drum_cas and duneman like this.
  15. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Sounds like it!

I'm researching a new machine just in case - the SONY UDP-X800 - great reviews. There's a very comprehensive thread over on the Audio Hardware side that I'm wading through at the moment. For $200 there's not a lot to dislike. Since Oppo is no longer making players and what's available at the moment is getting pretty pricey this is a relatively painless upgrade. I have a good AVR with good DACS so the X800 might just be the ticket.

16. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

The Blu Ray has the best live surround mix I’ve ever heard - revelatory. The audio is holographic. If anyone asked me why I’m devoted to surround sound this would be my demo disc. It’s a pinnacle in surround I’ve never heard an even close second to.

Tony-A and Ignominious like this.
  17. toddtw

toddtw Well-Known Member

I noticed a slight sync issue as well and am using the Sony X700. I just remembered the "fix" to getting the Nirvana - Live at the Paramount blu ray to not be out of sync was to disable 24p on the blu ray player. I'll be trying that next time I watch this release.

Quincy, Marko K and JediJoker like this.
  18. toddtw

toddtw Well-Known Member

I turned off 24p with my player and it fixed the sync issue for me. Granted it wasn't that off with 24p on, the Nirvana - Live at the Paramount blu ray is far worse and unwatchable without disabling 24p. I imagine these music blu ray studios are just smaller and don't fully know what they're doing with the disc authoring process.

Quincy, JediJoker and Marko K like this.
  19. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Hmm... if the new disc doesn't solve the problem I'll try that fix. Thanks for the tip!

BTW - some folks complained of jagged PQ during the rehearsal tracks but I didn't notice any at all. Looked just as sharp as the main show.

20. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

BTW, it's not a question of not doing proper authoring. 24p is for cinema, HD video can be anything from 25i to 60i, and "1080i" is clearly stated on the packaging.
    You shouldn't have 24p forced for everything on your player/TV. Just play the native framerate.

21. toddtw

toddtw Well-Known Member

My packaging shows 1080p. And I don't have 24p forced, it's on Auto so will only play 24p if the blu ray is flagged as 24p.

JediJoker likes this.
  22. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Weird. Mine is the 2CD+BR set.

23. gary191265

24. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I passed...... Get All You Deserve is so much better!!!

25. gary191265

I'd beg to differ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.