Steve's Beach Boys Hits CD sound quality comments

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I couldn't find it on today HMV. Did you Strange Design? I should have gotten in from CC a few weeks ago. He who hesitates must resort to e-bay!

2. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Hi Stereoptic
    I was not able to find it either. I did a search--found tons of Beach Boys but not the disc I was looking for. If anyone can point it out, please let us know.
    Thanks!

3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I don't think that the comment about the disc being shipped was referring to the Beach Boys. Some other titles became a part of this thread (Buddy Holly "From the Original Masters", etc). I didn't re-read the entire thread but on this page it appears that the comment might refer to "Strange Design" (I don't even know what that is!).

4. Mike Dow

Strange Design is my user login to this forum. No problem--I'll keep searching eBay. A copy has to show up sometime!

5. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

Do you mean the BB DCC golds do not sound "velvety smooth" like your other DCC golds, or the R&T does not sound "velvety smooth" like the BB DCC's?

JVC would argue that aluminum "is" the "best thing".
    Hence, their XRCD program.

Yes, that's 'nice'.
    However, you do believe the BB DCC's to be superior, correct?

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

D'oh! Here I am quoting you and I didn't even see your user name!

7. Tyler T

Tyler T New Member

Hi,

I noticed that Collector's Choise entry for the Hoffman-ized Beach Boys compilation is on sale! :eek:

Does this mean it's back in print and that the people who haven't ordered it yet (including myself) has another chance? Oh, I hope this is the real thing!

8. Mike Dow

Really? I just checked out the site and I couldn't find Steve's version. I saw something called "All Time Greatest Hits" but that looks like a 3 disc set--not Steve's 2 disc collection. Can you post a link to the page you saw?
    Thanks!

9. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

Try this one. Good luck!

10. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

That's the one! Given that they list it as on sale, it probably is in stock. They list a lot of DCCs as available, though, that really aren't. A STEAL at that price!!!

11. Mike Dow

Thanks OCD Man! I tried to get this from Collectors Choice once before but they cancelled my order after they sold out. I hope it's there this time!
    I appreciate the link.:)

12. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I just placed an orded through them AGAIN. I am not too confident, as I ried with them last time. I called them when the charge never hit my credit and they told me it was out of stock and that they were going to remove it from the web site. I don't know if they ever did, or if it just reappeared.

Fingers crossed

13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It definitely was removed and only recently reappeared. Here's hoping they got some new stock in.

14. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Is it odd that Collector's Choice has apparently restocked this title but it's nowhere to be found at Razor & Tie?

Jim W.

15. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Well, it looks like they haven't "restocked" it after all. I just got my shipment confirmation. The Beach Boys disc was dropped from the order with no explanation as was the Razor & Tie Joe Meek disc mastered by Steve. Oh well. I guess ccmusic's listing of unavailable titles resulted in me getting free shipping on the other two discs.

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Reopened by request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.