Sticky Fingers...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aquateen, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident Thread Starter

...pressing FC-40488, how does it sound and does it have the zipper? :)

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Not very good compared to the original Atco pressing. I've heard the UK, Aussie (box) and the US pressings. See, the CBS pressings were made very clean, but had no soul. It's not "Bad" though.

If you're looking for something that sounds good, search out an original. Should have a tounge on the back cover as a sticker, and the label should mention Atco records on the bottom of the yellow label, or at least, Atlantic.

FC-40488 is CBS. No zipper. Not "real" anyways.

I'd also recommend getting a hold of the MFSL LP. (Zipper is fake - gold embossed on the cover) I always thought Stan Ricker did a great job on that one (fairly sure he is to blame :)) Used to be a cutout found in a few places back in the late 80's, but not anymore I'm afraid. :(

I think you're looking for an original US pressing. They're around! Keep looking!

3. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Sckott,
    I think you are the first person here on this fourm that said a nice thing about the MFSL Sticky Fingers. I too think it's a good way to go.
    Joe!

4. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

I like the MOFI Sticky Fingers too. I think the midrange might be suppressed a bit on that lp, but it works for me! Most pressings I'd heard were too midrangy. Hear Me Knockin' on that lp KICKS

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I don't think I've EVER heard that title sounding "flat" other than the Atco/Atlantic 1st-ies. Even then, the EQ seems all over the place.

The MFSL is actually very good. If you can get one at a comfortable price, snag it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.