Still Not Streaming (or Streaming and Has Disappeared)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gss, Jul 24, 2017.

1. gss

gss Forum Resident Thread Starter

There are threads on vinyl releases in AAA, and threads about albums that haven't been released on CD yet, etc.

How about a thread highlighting music that cannot be found on a streaming service, or music that you once enjoyed streaming, but has since disappeared?

I'll start: currently, Bob James' 1978 "Touchdown" is nowhere to be found. No "Angela".

jusbe, dwilpower, pexie and 5 others like this.
  2. AlecA

AlecA Forum Resident

ECM catalog!

3. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Son Volt "The Search" disappeared.

4. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

So, are ECM titles only currently available on CD?

5. beatsurrender

beatsurrender Forum Resident

I have them on CD, but I'd love to have XTC's Apple Venus Volume 1 and Wasp Star [Apple Venus Volume 2] available for Spotify playlists.

6. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

They're available as iTunes downloads too, at least most of them. If Pat Metheny ain't on streaming services then forget it!

lightbulb likes this.
  7. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Chrysalis era Procol Harum vanished from Spotify. Wish Slade and King Crimson would be there. And, um, Sopwith Camel’s first album!

OnTheRoad, MOE DOLLAZ and eternalise like this.
  8. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

This is very frustrating, especially when you consider how many well-known artists and recordings are losing a presence on these streaming services. As someone who used Netflix before they removed a great deal of content, I predicted the same thing would happen with streaming music. While I understand that some content on these streaming services is removed due to licensing expiration or other legal issues, this means the album or song you planned on being able to hear for many years to come could become no longer available at any given time. Due to the very nature of licensing, nothing can entirely prevent content removal.

jusbe, mikmcmee, Vinyl_Blues and 23 others like this.
  9. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree disappeared from Spotify
    Only Neal Morse album in there is So Many Roads, an excellent live album, and the last two releases by Flying Colors. So no Transatlantic, Neal Morse Band, Neal's solo efforts, first 6 Spock's Beard studio albums nor Transatlantic (except for a couple of scattered songs from compilations).
    Peter Gabriel catalog, except for Live Blood.
    Some Flower Kings albums such as Paradox Hotel and Sum of No Evil and the Instant DeLivery live album.
    No Pain of Salvation albums whatsoever. Again, only a couple of scattered songs.

I live in Bolivia and use Spotify when I'm out of the house, so maybe some of the aforementioned albums are available elsewhere.

10. deany76

deany76 Forum Resident

'Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1' is not on Amazon Prime Music Unlimited (UK), strange because I think its George Michael's strongest album.

Perhaps they are still getting George's estate in order.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  11. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Select titles are also available as digital downloads.

lightbulb likes this.
  12. bosskeenneat

bosskeenneat Forum Resident

There are many, many thousands of pieces of music that are just being left to rot in vaults around the world simply due to the short-sighted at record conglomerates. No Vinyl issues, no CD issues, no tape issues, no streaming, no nothing.....all because "contracts have to be negotiated" and "we don't see current demand for this artist" and "the masters for that title seem to be missing/misplaced/stolen". This is why it's very,very important to leave all the collectors alone who pull out and share their long out of print collections on YouTube. Damn the "rules" when certain music isn't being given any opportunity whatsoever to be heard again.

jusbe, ArpMoog, pexie and 21 others like this.
  13. gss

Procol Harum came out with an album last April? Well, that's there, but yes, many classic albums from their catalog are missing.

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

There's a lot of stuff that I want to see released on Spotify right now.

15. Bjorn Kjetil Johansen

Bjorn Kjetil Johansen Vortex Surfer

The entire Drag City catalogue.

CraigVC, lbangs and zphage like this.
  16. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Peter Gabriel isn't on streaming? That's a big one for me. I imagine someday, though.

Zoot Marimba, OldSoul and gss like this.
  17. gss

That's a big one. Didn't realize that.

bcaulf likes this.
  18. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

King Crimson with the exception of Monkey Mind

mikmcmee, noirbar and Zoot Marimba like this.
  19. gss

Like what?

20. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

The negative side of it was the constant asking of lossless copies to be offered of said rare ups. I deleted my account after issuing several warnings. 'Go out and by the damn thing' if you want it that bad. I did :laugh:

mikmcmee likes this.
  21. J. R.

J. R. Cat Herder

Tidal - no Metallica. Justin Hayward "View From the Hill" missing. Asia: Gravitas missing.

22. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Almost all of Super Furry Animals discography disappeared from Spotify, same with Rory Gallagher. Incredibly irritating.

23. gss

Just noticed that Supertramp's "Breakfast In America" is not on Tidal as of this morning.

24. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Maybe Peter Gabriel negotiates license agreements at the same speed that he releases new material... he's working on it... ;)

25. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I don't think anything of his from the 70's or 80's is there.

An oddity: Pat Metheny's recent albums are on Spotify, but only a random selection of a few songs, not the whole albums.

gss likes this.