Stones SACD stereo/mono

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JWB, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWB

JWB New Member Thread Starter

The following tracks are confirmed to appear in mono on Hot Rocks/Big Hits discs:

The Last Time (Out Of Our Heads)
    Play With Fire (Out Of Our Heads)
    As Tears Go By (December's Children)
    Get Off My Cloud (December's Children)
    Mother's Little Helper (Aftermath)

Does anybody know if they appear in stereo on their respective albums? I heard something about "Mother's Little Helper" being in STEREO on the Aftermath CD but not on Hot Rocks.

------

And what about these two songs?

Sittin' On a Fence (Flowers/More Hot Rocks)
    Have You Seen You Mother, Baby? (Flowers/More Hot Rocks)

------

And what about mono/stereo on the albums themselves?

12X5
    Now!
    Out Of Our Heads
    December's Children
    Aftermath
    Between The Buttons
    Flowers

I'd like to know before "the big purchase".

Feel free to *bump* this thread to the top once the info becomes available (if not already).

2. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Well, I haven't gotten the discs yet, but, as you say, somebody did mention that Mother's Little Helper was in stereo on Aftermath. No word yet on if it is narrowed down at all, though.

Keep in mind As Tears Go By will probably never be in stereo. No stereo mix has shown up yet, and it is possible that it was done right to mono. Somebody mentioned recently that a friend of theirs said it was done multitrack, but I haven't heard any updates on that yet.

I'm not aware of this ever being issued in mono on CD, actually. I don't see why they would start now.

I had heard rumors that ABKCO was finally going to use the stereo mix of this (along with 19th Nervous Breakdown), but none of their PR has mentioned this. 19th is in mono on Hot Rocks, so... It doesn't seem likely that this will show up in stereo, although I could be wrong.

Don't consider this the final word, but based on what I've heard...

England's Newest Hitmakers will be all mono. I don't think there's any question there.

12x5 will have It's All Over Now and the entire 5x5 EP in stereo. That should be it.

Now should have Heart Of Stone, What A Shame, and Down The Road Apiece in stereo. They were in stereo on the old ABKCO CD, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that that will change.

Out Of Our Heads will *probably* be either all mono, or will have the new stereo mix of Satisfaction (and nothing else).

December's Children will have the stereo mix of Look What You've Done, and probably nothing else.

Aftermath and Between The Buttons *should* be in stereo all the way, although some tracks will be narrowed down a bit (assuming they didn't change anything from the sampler - I Am Waiting is narrowed down a bit, for example).

Off the top of my head, I'd *guess* Flowers will be all stereo except for Mother's Little Helper and Have You Seen Your Mother (what is it with mothers?). Everything else is in stereo on the old ABKCO CD.

Now, of course, the question is, what about US vs. UK versions? I don't know. It is also unclear what they'll do about songs that are on multiple CDs - like Mother's Little Helper.

You might want to take a look at my site, where I've got the ABKCO press release:

http://lukpac.org/stereostones/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.