Rolling Stones - From The Vault "Hampton 81"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PageLesPaul, May 7, 2013.

1. botley

botley Forum Resident

There is no Hampton box set planned anymore, correct? Just 3xLP+DVD, 2xCD+DVD, and standalone Blu-ray have been officially announced.

Perhaps a thread title change is in order.

bobcat likes this.
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

So with this new series of "From The Vaults" releases announced, does anyone think they might go back and reissue "Brussels" again in some variation at normal prices?

Wouldn't be the first time they sold something "exclusive to such and such" and then turned around and reissued it in a more typical format later.

Mark

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. botley

botley Forum Resident

There's no video of Brussels. So... no.

4. Mark Wilson

Beat me to it. Was just modifying my post. Still, might they reissue in various audio formats? I'm thinking Summer Sun, which was "exclusive" to download then came out in physical format later.

Mark

5. botley

botley Forum Resident

That was only a limited-time exclusive. It was up on the iTunes Music Store for a few weeks before any of the physical formats, and now it's "out of print" as a digital download album. I don't think they're planning to do that with the Stones Archive releases.

As a matter of note, Bob Clearmountain has his studio's SSL mixing console set up to print any mix he does to 5.1 surround as well as stereo simultaneously, with the simple addition of some output routing for surround panning placement. So this "new remix" is probably the exact same thing as Hampton '81 from the Stones Archive download expanded to 6 discrete channels.

I probably would buy the audio of the Brussels Affair show again, but only as a lossless 5.1 surround audio-only Blu-ray Disc.

Clanceman likes this.
  6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Make it The Brüssels Affair'73
    and I'll twang my g-string.

7. botley

botley Forum Resident

Light the Füse

8. Rip off.
    How much money do these guys need?

They all come from working class backgrounds, now they're ripping off the people they used to be.

9. cc--

cc-- Forum Resident

you say this now? This release is the last straw?

anyway, not sure any of them besides Wyman would be described as working class (though keith would surely say he was)...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    bonus, Jack and John Grimes like this.
  10. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

11. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

From the SpinCDs press release:

"“From The Vault” is a new series of live concerts from The Rolling Stones archive which are getting their first official release."

Doesn't say anything about video.....

Mark Wilson and Carserguev like this.
  12. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Why 'rip-off?'

They announce that they're releasing concerts in a non-deluxe, affordable, physical format and it's a 'rip-off?'

ssmith3046, JoeRockhead, tkl7 and 3 others like this.
  13. botley

botley Forum Resident

Well, this release is on Eagle Vision. They don't do audio-only releases.

14. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

"This release" does not mean that all releases will be video ones

15. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The Hampton '81 show is way overdue on video. A great show, wonderful to watch.,

Carserguev likes this.
  16. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll... Thread Starter

I sent a PM to a Gort asking for the title to be changed to Rolling Stones - From The Vault "Hampton 81". We will see if it happens.

17. Mark Wilson

So anyone have any guesses/wishlists for what other titles might eventually be released under this new series? Anything not already issued under their live download only releases?

The L.A. 75 show has already been mentioned.

Mark

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Review from Amazon that sums it up...The box price reflects the genuine Mick Jagger signature...

http://www.amazon.com/review/RMR4H5XSDVF55

19. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

1727 copies made. That's an odd amount, maybe it was going to be 2000 but Mick's hand got tired...or they ran out of watches.:)

Steel Horse likes this.
  20. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

You can say that again! The 1989 Steel Wheels show was the first one I EVER saw where the merchandise table was accepting plastic to purchase stuff. Maybe the Glimmer Twins think the majority of their fans are Fortune 500 people who have a stack of flash money for their tickets....at least if you want decent seats.

21. botley

botley Forum Resident

U mad bro? I'd charge as much as I could if people were willing to pay. Look at the audience in the Bridges to Babylon Tour DVD — most of the first few rows appear to be banker-types (then again, it was filmed in St. Louis, the credit card company headquarters capital of North America). The hot girls in the very front row are likely models paid to be there by the film crew.

That said, I'd love to have another 90s-era show on the Live Archives series. Give us a complete '95 club show from the Stripped series!

22. Emmett66

Emmett66 Forum Resident

I was at this show, and the Stones would have to pay me to watch that ****e again.

Beauvoir likes this.
  23. botley

botley Forum Resident

Hampton '81? Seriously.

Clanceman likes this.
  24. misko

misko Forum Resident

Been listening and watching Hampton for over 30 years. This is one of the most booted shows in history. I would love to be totally shocked and hear a show that was never booted( perhaps from 1972) was going to be released on cd /bluRay

25. old school

old school Senior Member

I want shows from 1965 to 1971 sure and the hell not 1981! $ 750 is way to much bread also.