Stones v. Beatles breakup?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by doc021, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jlbrach

Jlbrach Forum Resident

I do not mean to imply the Beatles made a conscious effort to go out on top...there were all sorts of factors that contributed to their group decision but the practical effect was to go out at the top of their game.....I totally agree with you that the absolute peak in terms of artistic performance for Zeppelin was a few albums before Bonhams deaths and the bands Demise but for all intents and purposes Zeppelin was still at their peak or close to it when he died.....In terms of the greats who died in their later 20s they obviously did not plan it that way but we will never see a 75 year old bald fat Jimi Hendrix on stage or a 300 pound Jim Morrison playing Vegas.....they will always and only be remembered in their prime....there is something to be said for longevity for sure and the stones have clearly managed to remain a huge concert act despite age and of course several personnel changes.. personally I just find it kind of sad to watch old videos of the stones in their prime and see them on stage today at 75 trying to look 30...thats just me...in terms of the who they were my favorite band as a kid and i saw them at a benefit show a couple of years back and they literally were sleepwalking through the show and pete townsend even kidded about having been taking a nap prior to the show.....got to know when to walk away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.