Storage Wars - A&E reality show on finding treasure in abandoned storage units

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Turnaround, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

OK...I see what's happening there. In the end, assuredly A&E forgave Hester's debt and Hester agreed to...whatever it is he agreed to behind closed doors. It might be that A&E agreed to forgive the $122K if Hester appeared on the show for an episode and also agreed to shut up permanently about this stuff...

kevywevy likes this.
  2. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

LOL, that was a highlight of the show. Laura, the auctioneer's wife, is pretty blessed up top too.

3. My guess is it went something like this - the show was faked, A&E told Hester they'd bring him back (at a no doubt much higher salary) if he kept his mouth shut. He was shown to have publicly paid the court costs so A&E doesn't have to admit to having faked it. He probably got some more shut up money in the settlement and, gee what do ya know, nobody has to admit to any wrongdoing and everybody goes back to sleep. Or maybe not, I'm just guessing.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  4. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I believe it. On these types of reality shows they have scouts go ahead and plan/t scenes and items to make it more interesting. They do the same thing on Comic Book Men. You think the cameras always just happen to catch rare finds and valuables when the guys go out to garage sales or have guests in the store? No, it's all pre-planned by the production staff.

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

In order for Comic Book Men to be accurate, they'd have to have 100 people bringing in stacks of worthless 90s comics to sell for every one that had something interesting.

6. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

One episode they went into a random garage sale and found a box or two FULL of rare comics. My friend who was watching it with me has been a comic collector for the past 30 years and lost his **** at that scene and started yelling, "NO! That does NOT happen. EVER! NO NO NO!" I was dying laughing.

Dudley Morris, billdcat and JamieC like this.
  7. LordThanos1969

I have to say the new episodes have been better now that Dave Hester is back to torment the other buyers as well as the auctioneers. The Brandi and Jerrod show is fluff.

8. Oh, this sort of thing does happen - look up the Mile High Comics Collection, for ex - but not right off the bat while the cameras are rolling.

9. joefont

joefont Senior Member

It's more than fluff......it's downright stupid! :rolleyes:

10. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Tonights episode was called "The Daneurysm."

Too soon or two clever by half?

11. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

The simple fact that only the 'stars' ever buy a locker gives the game away. Yet to see one of the background (production staff/friends/family) folks suddenly snipe a locker.

12. LordThanos1969

Has anyone seen the new show, "Storage Wars: Barry Strikes Back!" It features Barry and his friend Kenny reviewing past episodes of Storage Wars and making fun of them. It shows how desperate A & E is for programming. At least it is more humorous and entertaining than the current season of Storage Wars as well as the other Barry spinoff, "Barry'd Treasure."

13. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Didn't you enjoy the "fight" a couple of weeks ago, the show may be staged, but that sure didn't look it, surely the last we'll see of Hester.

14. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

With Darrell Sheets reduced to only (4) episodes this season, they have to do something...I wonder how much the "bid runners" get for just showing up and playing along.:)

15. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

And people get mortgages and lose there jobs and sometimes lose their homes because they can't pay. So I think it is sad. Things happen beyond our control.

LordThanos1969 likes this.
  16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Who's still watching this? I enjoyed it back in the beginning with Dave Hester and Barry and when Brandi was an extra, etc. Once the regulars left and the boring rest became "stars" it got tedious. I thought most everyone stopped watching when Barry left...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.