Streaming media player or computer with DAC?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ymer, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rajeev Kale

Rajeev Kale Member

Hi
    I am a new member and was going through this thread. I quite liked your suggestion and I have following equipments with me need your advice how can make use of them for music and movies.

Mac Book Pro
    Marantz Integrated Amp PM 14 S 1
    Marantz C D Player K I Pearl Lite
    Apple TV
    PMC 23

please advice

Regards

Rajeev

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  2. DenW

DenW Member

Suggest you to try ArkMC, a media center for streaming. Works like a remote control with a lot devices (I work with PC,NAS and iPad)

3. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

I have a 4tb NAS hooked up to a BDP-105. Nothing is corrupted. Frankly, I don't know how files could be corrupted by an Oppo.

4. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

Gratuliere zur Umstellung! Ich will ja nicht Haarspalterei betreiben, aber Ihre CDs waren bereits alle digital, das liegt in ihrer Natur. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the conversion! Really don’t want to quibble, but you do know that your CDs already are digital, do you? CDs are digital by nature.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Can't beat Squeezebox Touch -> DAC -> Stereo. I have one in my livingroom connected to the main-rig and one in the other room for headphone-rig. With some tweaking the Squeezebox Touch will be able to play 24/192 as well.

Squeezebox-server runs on my NAS with redunandant drives and external backup-solution :D

DenW likes this.
  6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Anything can corrupt your files, they can be corrupted all by themselves. Never forget that.

7. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Well if you share the files over network i suggest read-only permission.

Edit: as for file-integrity i suggest running a file-system that do CRC-checks. ZFS for example.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.