Sturdy Clear inner sleeves

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jbrady3324, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrady3324

jbrady3324 Active Member Thread Starter

I currently use Sleeve City's Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile Inner Sleeve which work wonderfully, however I am not looking for an alternative that is clear (at least one side is clear) and just as sturdy (if that is possible). I do prefer something that does not have any branding written on the sleeve as well.

I am also looking for a cheaper option than the Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile Inner Sleeve. Something that is nearly identical without any branding and hopefully cheaper.

2. WntrMute2

WntrMute2 Forum Resident

You desire the same quality only cheaper? Good luck with that. They are only 50 cents apiece, less if you wait for a coupon. If they were 1/2 that, how much would you save over your entire collection?

3. subframe

subframe Forum Resident

Sleevecity sells 2 sleeves that are see-through on one side, on the same page as the Ultimates.

4. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

It sounds like what you want are the "regular" audiophile inner sleeves vs. the "ultimate" audiophile inner sleeves. My go-to sleeve, its basically a MoFi that's just thick enough to avoid the rumpled corners.

5. jbrady3324

jbrady3324 Active Member Thread Starter

Sorry, my initial post was a little confusing. I am looking for sleeves that do not have any labels on them (like sleevecity and mofi) and that are good quality. I am looking two kinds:

1. Clear. One or both sides should be clear and the sleeve should be sturdy. I find the single clear sided Mofi and Sleeve City to be just okay. I wish they were thicker and sturdier

2. Something like the Ultimate Audiophile Inner Sleeve, but unbranded.

Does that make more sense?

6. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

It does, but I don't think what you're looking for exists.

7. dividebytube

dividebytube Forum Resident

When I'm feeling cheap, I buy - on Ebay - the "Japanese style" inner sleeves with the rounded bottoms. They are see through and sturdier than MOFI, but these rounded sleeves do fold up and rumple more easily.

They look something like this:
    https://www.artist-shop.com/accessories/uinnersleeve.jpg

8. LeonAlopecico

LeonAlopecico Forum Resident

9. Captain Wiggette

Captain Wiggette Forum Resident

Unless you can find a large quantity of old sleeve city sleeves before they starting putting their logo and the arrows up there somewhere, I don't think what you're looking for exists.

I don't mind the logo, but I do like the arrows a lot because it's definitely a lot easier to find the open end and not accidentally get confused about how you put something down and pick it up and fling a record across the room because the open end is on some other side you didn't realize. Ooops.

Jim in Houston likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.