Stylus and Groove question.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Rad Dudeski, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rad Dudeski

Rad Dudeski Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have a lot of Polystyrene 45s that are mostly in ok shape that need recorded over to my PC and I already know that I can not use my MicroLine stylus to play them but my 155LC or 152LP styli can. My question is will the 155/152 track/trace the grooves just as good as the ML stylus?

A very reputable guy who used to have a electronics repair shop around town once told me, using a LC stylus to play a 45rpm record isn't going to sound much different then using a MR/ML stylus because the grooves are wider.

2. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

Might be good to ask a gort to make your thread title more descriptive of your question (just click the report link at the end of your post), and there have been some past threads like the one below, they are mostly closed now but one of the gorts could also reopen if you want to continue that discussion ... good luck, I don't have much experience playing the styrene records but some here do ... Playing 45's: The Difference Between Styrene and Vinyl?

3. Rad Dudeski

Rad Dudeski Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah...You are right. Its more of a particular stylus tracking/tracing the groove of a 45rpm record vs 33rpm. I'll try and get it changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.