Suicide Squad (DC)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The first full-length trailer debuted tonight and I gotta say it's quite stunningly edited. Looking forward to this one.

2. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I'm looking forward to this movie too. Suicide Squad (the version this is based on) was one of the comic I read regularly, and thus instant interest when I heard about this movie. Based on the trailer, it looks like it's going to have the same grim look of the comic and I'm looking forward to seeing Will Smith as Deadshot (my favorite character from the comic, and based on what we saw here it looks he got the role right).

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Dissapointed with the trailer.
    DC still fail to impress me.

MikaelaArsenault, GodShifter and daca like this.
  4. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

Good luck Jared Leto following Heath Ledger as the Joker. Dude won an Oscar for a very silly comic book character

Plus Will Smith is in it... This will be Awful !

5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I get the feeling you don't really care for comic books.

6. daca

To the contrary. I like comic books and love The Joker. I watch and read virtually everything Batman. (Except Ben Affleck, everyone should have standards.) In fact, every time TNT or Spike reruns The Dark Knight, I feel compelled to watch it.

My point is that the he won an Oscar for a comic book character. In quite the contrarian move, Academy members awarded a comic book character a Best Supporting Actor Award. That is amazing.

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I just wanna know who those 'eye-ball' guys are.......
    being a Residents fan and all....

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Four words: Margot Robbie, Harley Quinn

9. Raider4life

Raider4life Forum Resident

Looks great and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

MikaelaArsenault and cwd like this.
  10. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Could be great, could be garbage. Can't tell from a trailer. I always hope for the best, but see some "red flags" in this and the Superman V Batman trailers.

11. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Possibly NSFW

[​IMG]

12. daca

Exactly. Which is the reason I will ultimately fast forward through this movie.

+1 to Wayne Hubbard for the nice GIFs

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  13. Clipper Sylvania

Clipper Sylvania L'écharpe d'abricot

I may wind up seeing this film. The trailer somehow managed to interest me more than the various Guardians of the Galaxy trailers I saw. Laura Cameron (alas, Pan Am!) and Jordan Catalano as DC's favorite unhealthy relationship might be amusing for a while and Will Smith might just make a compelling character.

Good trailer.

14. chronic kebab

chronic kebab Forum Resident

It was fully deserved and I'd like to think otherwise but they probably only gave it to him because he died. The oscars are incredibly snobbish and I can't see them awarding one of the "big" osscars to a comic book fil under ordinary circumstances

15. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

pretty well done trailer (though I could have done without the really hacky superimposed text). I mean, I have no real desire to see this film, but they managed to cut a trailer that goes a bit beyond what I've seen from most comic-inspired films in recent years.

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Suicide Squad - I take it it's a short story? :D

17. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

If it follows the comic, the reason it's informally called the "Suicide Squad" (it's real name is "Task Force X") is that the members are sent on missions where there is a good chance that at least one member won't make it back (in the first story one member died, and in another story all of the members but the leader died). The reason the villains go on the missions is that if they survive their sentence is commuted to time served and they are released. The reason that they don't escape while on a mission is that they are fitted with explosive collars that can be detonated if they try to escape. In the course of the comic, some members like Deadshot and Captain Boomerang managed to survive several missions.

18. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Looks more interesting than the Supes and Bats one.

19. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

20. Just as with its more teasing predecessor, I love the song choice and editing of this latest trailer footage, but is anyone else getting the impression DC only greenlit this film because Marvel already beat them to the proverbial punch with Guardians Of The Galaxy, which shares a similar concept if not visual style? Also, it seems there's a lot of hate on various online fan outlets concerning the movie's depiction of Harley Quinn, though I personally have no such complaints. This went from being a distant second in interest after Dawn Of Justice to something quickly creeping up on my radar to be a highlight of 2016, and I'll cautiously reserve judgement on Will Smith... After the precedent set for comic book characters getting Oscar nods, wouldn't it be ironic if Deadshot followed The Joker, especially considering the actor behind him and very recent controversies about this year's nominees?

21. Stormrider77

Stormrider77 Forum Resident

I don't get the hate on other outlets for Harley Quinn's depiction here. She totally seems to nail the character and her essence in the trailers I've seen. Putting her in the original comic costume would look absurdly cheesy and stupid. She comes across as the perfect mix of sexy, dangerous, and unstable here IMO.

22. From what I can tell, a lot of the negativity concerns Harley's accent, or at least the lack of one compared with how she was depicted in animated form - don't these people realise this is a very different take on the character?

Stormrider77 likes this.
  23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Must have gone out on a limb for that one!

24. Left Field

Left Field #1 Shinboner

The only reason I'll go and see it. Gotta love Harley and while its early days it does look like Margot has almost nailed it.

25. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

Despite what I think of the track record of the DC movies so far, I am really pumped for this flick!

MikaelaArsenault and CrazyCatz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.