Sundazed & Quality Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wvbkelley, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

I do not understand this at all.
    Why not open the records and check them prior to sending abroad if the costs for returning are for the buyer?
    This is outrageous!!! I will never buy from Acoustic Sounds this way...

2. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

According to this, the tape for PSR&T was actually some sort of dub:

I don't have the Sundazed vinyl, but doesn't it have the fade-up on Homeward Bound that isn't present on original pressings or the remix?

3. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

The Stooges Raw Power is now a QRP Pressing

(*insert happy dance here)

4. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

I probably have all of the Dylan, S&G and Raw Power I'll ever need. But I still might have to take a gamble on one of these.

5. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

Doesn't that indicate that the masters previously done by Bob for the earlier Sundazed LPs are being used once again for these new pressings by Kevin for QRP?

6. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

spoken like a true SH forum member

:cheers:

7. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Yes, that is such an underrated album...I think I have an original and a Line German CD of that...

8. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

This is what I wanted to know too. I always had these same questions about the previous Sundazed titles that were mastered by Bob Irwin but lacquers cut by Wes Garland.

9. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

And more discounts and promotions. I used to use Acoustic Sounds exlcusively but it seems you have to order over $250 worth of vinyl to get a discount unless it's one of their rare promotions.

10. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Methinks Wes Garland cut from high-res digital.

JG

11. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

You may be right but isn't Sundazed supposed to cut from the original master tapes. Oh wait, they may master from the master tapes and cut from high rez? Yes, that would be a bit of deception seeing as they advertise their product towards 'analog nuts' like myself.:D

Don't get me wrong, I have many high rez mastered vinyl lps that I love and they sound good. I just wish companies would advertise what a product really is. It reminds when a bottle of juice says 100% real juice, just to turn it around and read the label and find out it's from concentrate but still comes from juice at some point. It's not the same thing. Well, at least they put a label on the juice but still fool 90% of people.

12. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

These got delivered today, and "Bridge" is the same one that I just got recently. It DOES have the ASUNQ sticker, (the one I got directly from Sundazed last month didn't) but same matrix markings as the one I had. Pressing quality is the same. Slightly dished, nothing a clamp can't handle. Very quiet, a tick or two at most. As I said previously, I like the sound a lot, even better than my original "360 Sound" copy.

Perhaps some may hear it as less detailed, but I hear it as more full-bodied, something I can turn up with no harshness.

The same goes for "Bookends". I am very satisfied with both of these!

13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Thats reassuring. I hope my system gives me an equally satisfying sound when these finally arrive (soon I hope!)

14. imarcq

My three S+G all turned up this morning. Very satisfying indeed. Mine are flat and play almost without a whisper of surface noise. Maybe the very odd tick! The deadwax is NOT the same one mentioned as being on the original Sundazed (WG/NRP). Mine all say K(then a small mark that looks like an 'r' or could be a flourish)G@CA. So maybe KrG@CA? If anyone with better eyes can confirm it would be helpful for others. Also each have that new sticker ASUNQ32/ASUNQ33/ASUNQ02. But oh my......sounds awesome. Very happy :righton:

15. imarcq

Yes this is what mine says too. Hard to see exactky. But the @CA is VERY clear and would tell it apart easily. And I do have the sticker on the back. I wasn't sure what that middle initial said. I thought it was an 'r' but it's hard to be 100%. Could be a 'p'.....

16. imarcq

No fade-up on Homeward Bound that I can make out? Guitar just starts. It also does the same thing on my old 1970's Oz CBS pressing. Is that what you meant? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

17. nightenrock

Does anyone know what "@CA" stands for?

18. imarcq

Thats what I'd like to know. Unless it's cryptic for ACoustic Sounds who it would seem are in charge of Quality Records?

19. ZootAllures

ZootAllures Forum Resident

Coherent Audio

20. imarcq

Really? Joke or for real? Prob not best to complicate things as it's confusing enough as it is :help:

21. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

22. imarcq

Ah ha......Now thats much more like it then :) Thanks!

23. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Thanks. I was mistaken about the Sundazed LP then. None of my Columbia LPs fade-up, but old CD versions do.

24. imarcq

No worries. All good information to know. Bloody CD's eh? :) Now I'm gonna dig one up and see....

25. nightenrock

Oh yeah, couldn't remember the name of his new studio. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.