Super Nintendo games

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

2. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Are the retron machines worth it? I would love to replay Pro Wrestling, Urban Champion, and Punch Out again.

3. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

The thing about the Retron and the other multi-in-1 systems on the market now is that they are emulators and of significantly poorer quality than the original consoles. The picture quality is never quite as good, they are often glitchy and the sound is almost always bad. They do have the benefit of being able to play more than 1 type of game and usually have special save features and things like that, but if you want to play old Genesis and Super Nintendo games, you're much better off just buying an original console on amazon or eBay. They are not very expensive and are of much higher quality than these emulator units.

I'll warn you though that the retro scene is very popular right now, so many of the more sought after games and rarer games are going for big money at the moment. I collected older games pretty heavily until just a year or two ago when I realized that most of the games I was still after were just getting way too expensive.

Here's a pretty good site for looking up games you're after. It charts their prices on the major online retailers.
    http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

Simon A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.