Supra Speaker Wire, Classic 4 or 6 compared to Ply 3.4 ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by 33na3rd, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm hoping someone here has experience with both the Classic series and the Ply 3.4 from Supra, and let me know which they preferred in their system.

I'm really liking the tin covered copper wires these days, and the Supra wires seem very reasonably priced.

Thanks for any info!

2. Gie663

Gie663 Forum Resident

I used the Supra Ply 3.4 for years, and it is a good, no nonsense cable, but ultimately I replaced them by Van Damme (see my profile page), which, imho, was a tad more open and warmer.
    As with every cable comparison the differences are marginal so I guess the choice between the Classic and the Ply to be a matter of details.

33na3rd likes this.
  3. GyroSE

GyroSE Forum Resident

I prefer the Supra Ply 3.4 to the Classic, I've used both in the past and always liked Ply 3.4 better. Supras cables are very affordable IMHO, I'm using Supra LoRad power cables in my system and I think they do their job in an excellent way. Of course there are better power cables out there but they are far more expensive than the LoRad's.

33na3rd likes this.
  4. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident Thread Starter

I decided to try a set of the Supra Ply 3.4.

I have to say that these sound really nice. What a great value!

I found it interesting that they are about 1/3 the diameter of the cables that I had been using, even though the amount of copper is similar.

Thank you @Gie663 and @GyroSE for your input!

I will look into the LoRad's in the future.

Gie663 and GyroSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.