Survivor 2016: Millennials vs Gen X

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

2. John54

John54 Senior Member

I was just about to create this thread, but then I spotted it ...

The score so far: Millennials 1, GenXers 0

The millennials do seem rather clueless though. Maybe at everything except challenges?

xdawg likes this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm glad we had all new people. I thought Dave (or whatever his name is) would surely voted out, but the editors wanted me to think he would be voted out. The whole Gen X vs. Millennials seems kind of odd to me for some reason. I just need to focus on the game I believe. :)

xdawg likes this.
  4. xdawg

Based on the previews, it looks like another Gen Xer is eliminated next week.

5. xdawg

I've never met anyone like David. He was freaking me out - especially when he put his fingers in his ears while the other guy (Bret?) was chopping bamboo.

rburly likes this.
  6. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I really enjoyed this first episode, and hope it keeps up as well as it has started off. A great location too for added interest!

rburly and xdawg like this.
  7. rburly

I guess he should be there for being a superfan or whatever his status is. Based on all his behavior shown, he looks and sounds like the epitome of the person who shouldn't be on Survivor. Wow...

xdawg likes this.
  8. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

come on in guys! ;)

great first episode. has the makings of a really good season.

rburly and xdawg like this.
  9. John54

John54 Senior Member

So was Cochran ...

xdawg likes this.
  10. rburly

Cochran was bad, but nowhere near that kid. This kid can't stand loud noises.

xdawg likes this.
  11. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

It looks like it'll be a good season. One thing I like is that it's easy for me to tell the teams apart; on previous seasons it's been much harder to distinguish the teams.

xdawg likes this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the interesting part of this season will be the merge....almost surely the lines will stay divided when it happens, nothing to bond them to each other at all.

xdawg and rburly like this.
  13. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Watched the first episode:

Jesus, not one of the chosen millennials could Survive on their own. Sad, but they all look as soft as cotton.

Gen Xer's, beside's maybe 2, could they have picked a more out of shape bunch? Good God almighty, looked like most of them pigged out at the Golden Corral Buffet before getting on that plane to Fiji.

David, someone really needs to slap the S**t of this "thing".

And sure enough, that Buffet got to another Gen Xer from the looks of the preview. Possible Heart Attack. Evacuation and no Tribal.

xdawg likes this.
  14. John54

John54 Senior Member

I'm starting to like Michaela. I like her attitude and find it amusing when she talks. Maybe Jay as well.

The Millennials act rather goofy all the time but they have good comedy value.

GlamorProfession and xdawg like this.
  15. xdawg

I thought this was a very enjoyable episode.
    - Kudos to David for finding the hidden immunity idol.
    - Nice editing on Paul's "heart attack".
    - It looks like Ken is the Survivor "stud" and befriending David has already paid off.
    - I should have known after hearing Mari's comments post immunity challenge that she would be blind-sided.
    - Michelle is ruthless.
    - I think the merge next week is too soon. I'm enjoying the dynamics of the current tribes.

rburly likes this.
  16. GlamorProfession

very entertaining episode last night. the millenials are quite the interesting collection of young people. hope they keep the tribes as they are for as long as possible.

xdawg likes this.
  17. rburly

That tribal council was one like I've never seen before. I can't begin to write the details, but I saw things happen there that I'd never seen before. Good episode.

xdawg likes this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

are you sure its a merge?

and figgy is definitely a good looking girl who knows it.

xdawg likes this.
  19. GlamorProfession

they said there was a "twist"...but i don't think it's a merge.

xdawg likes this.
  20. xdawg

The previews made it look like a merge (with people drawing rocks out of a bag). I could be wrong about a merge though.

rburly likes this.
  21. xdawg

I hope it's not a merge. I probably interpreted the previews incorrectly.

22. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Well, you wouldn't know until you see it. It will be the third episode, it's not that early and they are always trying new things out. I think this is the first time a clue had been inside a coconut.

xdawg likes this.
  23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I doubt it's a merge. Maybe 1 or 2 people from each tribe will draw straws to see who swaps teams. If that's the case, that's a pretty stupid thing to do, because if it's only 1 or 2 that are switching teams, they're immediately going to be targeted at the first available tribal.

I hope I'm wrong and it's something else that's not so dumb.

xdawg likes this.
  24. xdawg

Yes, I was using the word "merge", but I meant "mingle". My mental capacity has been stretched lately :D

25. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I strongly suspect they will do have everyone draw to pick new teams before the actual merge takes place, perhaps very soon now that Mari is gone. This type of mixup is usually done to prevent any strong alliances from dominating on one team for too long. Right now, we're seeing a strong alliance on the Millennial team among the "pretty" people. Having a mixup among teams will test that alliance and allow others to make a play for power. It also provides a chance for some of the Gen Xers and Millennials to form alliances before the final merge. It helps to keep the show more unpredictable.

xdawg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.