Survivor 2016: Survivor Kaoh Rong – Brawn vs Brains vs Beauty II

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It certainly took big cajones to follow through with that move. I've thought about his situation when I see him in the game. This guy has been through a lot. He survived the Vietnam war. He made it to the US and it sounds like he's overcome a lot of obstacles in his life. He's one of those people who probably could make it through anything. It sounds as if his whole life has been Survivor. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he won. He has a huge target on his back. He's made at least one big move. He's physically shown he can handle balance contests. When he shook his head no to Scott, I wasn't sure what Scott's reaction would be. But Tai did it. Great "big" move and is at least up there with the best TC moves ever.

jriems, xdawg and nosticker like this.
  2. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Probst is a one-trick pony. The way he introduces every challenge , from the point he says "C'mon in, guys" to "Take your places and we'll get started," it's as if there is no room for variation or originality in his delivery.

3. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Yup. I'm still waiting for someone to say no when he says "Worth playing for?" :D

Atmospheric likes this.
  4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Yeah, or have someone NOT answer one of his questions at tribal that immediately puts them in the dog house. I just want someone to say, "I'd rather not say, Jeff."

5. John54

John54 Senior Member

Or:

Probst: Do you wanna know what you're playing for?

Contestant: No thanks Jeff, I'd rather contemplate life for a whi - OF COURSE I WANNA KNOW WHAT WE'RE PLAYING FOR YOU BOZO!!

keifspoon likes this.
  6. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

Tai is beginning to worry me
    Aubry has made a move up on my "want to win" list

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    rburly and John54 like this.
  7. rburly

Tai is going to play his idol this next week. Then I suggest he play one helluva game the rest of the way out because he'll be the target for everyone until he's out. I figure after next week, he'll have to win every immunity idol the rest of the way. Who wants to be sitting next to him at the end?

xdawg likes this.
  8. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

My money would be on Aubrey or Cydney (sp?) at this point.

xdawg likes this.
  9. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

While I admire the ballsiness of not giving Scot the idol, Tai's overall game hasn't impressed me all that much. He's been repeatedly manipulated by other players into making moves for their benefit, not his; he keeps divulging information and spilling secrets at Tribal Council; he blew his extra vote advantage (which, to be fair, happened with both of the players who we've seen get an extra/stolen vote in the past); and he's betrayed practically everybody in the game at some point, and not in a subtle way that people are willing to overlook. I actually think the only way he can win is if it's a final two and he's sitting next to Joe. Maybe Cydney if Scot and Jason decide they're angrier at her than Tai, but if he's against Michele and/or (especially) Aubry? No chance.

This season belongs to the women. Any of the three left have earned it.

jriems likes this.
  10. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Why did Jason vote for Joe?

Tai really is playing a bad game as far as choosing who to divulge his advantages to. He slipped up telling
    Jason & Scot about his idol. Then, he tells Aubrey & Joe about his extra vote. He may be telling them to
    gain trust.

11. anthontherun

In an interview he said that he knew there weren't enough votes going to Michele so he voted for Joe because he didn't like him.

He also mentioned that if Scot hadn't taken the idol with him, he would have played it at the next Tribal Council (where Julia was voted out) so it ultimately wouldn't have helped him.

12. John54

John54 Senior Member

Has he played that great a game? I'd say Aubrey has been the mastermind if anyone has.

anthontherun likes this.
  13. rburly

He's played a flawed game for sure. But he got an idol, got Scot out and basically got Jason out as well. He's had some really poorly thought out (no thought out) times in Tribal Council which is his downfall. He certainly has had some problems there. I think that if he's in the final 2 that he likely should win. Aubrey is playing a very good game. If she makes it to the end, she probably should win. I don't think Tai will make it to the end. But if he does, I wouldn't want to be sitting next to him. That was my point in my post. He's going to have to come up with some amazing moves during immunity after this week because it's going to be very hard for him to make it to the finals with the huge target on his back.

John54 likes this.
  14. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

If Tai goes, I worry about Mark's fate :(

15. anthontherun

How did he get Jason out? That was the exact opposite of what he wanted, and he wasted his extra vote in the process trying to vote out Michele.

Earlier in the season, I'd agree that Tai would be unbeatable in the finals. He was friends with practically everyone and that likability helped mask a surprising sneakiness (the one time he showed restraint at Tribal Council? Agreeing with Joe's suspicions that there were no idols in the game when he had one in his pocket). But as Aubry's stock has risen, Tai's continues slipping and he's starting to seem like someone you would want to sit next to at the end. He's making most of the same moves as Aubry, but people are leaving the game pissed off at him and respecting her.

Obviously anyone sitting next to Joe in a F2 is going to win. But against any of the ladies? I don't know if I like Tai's chances. Look at the jury so far:
    Neal: Very close ally to Aubry (although not enough to give her his idol apparently). Got to know Tai the least out of the remaining players.
    Nick: The only person who didn't seem enamored with Tai in the first half of the game. Worked closely with Michele and if I remember correctly, didn't he say that he liked Aubry more than any of the other women?
    Debbie: Repeatedly said that she wants to see a woman win.
    Scot: Extremely pissed off at Tai's betrayal. If it came down to Tai vs. Cydney, who also turned her back on him, it's a toss-up. But otherwise, it's very likely that Scot would vote against Tai in any pairing (even Joe).
    Julia: Liked Tai at the beginning but her allegiance shifted to Scot and Jason. Still might vote for him unless he's against Michele.
    Jason: See Scot, although it seems unlikely Jason would vote for Joe over Tai. Lots of respect for Aubry.

It's always a crapshoot to predict jury votes, but in a hypothetical Aubry/Tai F2, I see her having at least seven votes.

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i want michelle to win, but i don't think she will.

her best chance comes if she wins immunity next time and goes to a final four of her, tai, aubrey and joe. none of the other three out of those 4 can beat her at anything. cydney, on the other hand, certainly can.

my gut tells me that aubrey is going to beat tai 5 to 4.

we'll see.

p.s. joe should be ashamed to even be on this show, what a waste.

Tree of Life likes this.
  17. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I was actually thinking the opposite - heres one of the oldest contestants on Survivor and he's made it this far. He's put a lot of effort into the challenges but lets face it - he's not going to beat out anyone. Why should he be ashamed - no, he hadn't played the game at all but my bet is that he makes it to the final 3 because no one would give him even one vote. I give him kudos for making it this far!

anthontherun, rburly and xdawg like this.
  18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

sorry, but he is absolute waste of a contestant. he took someone's place who could have been a contender.

when he completely quit that challenge i refused to to give him any more credit for anything.

Tree of Life likes this.
  19. anthontherun

That's ridiculous. I'm not saying he's an all-star player but there have been plenty of contestants over the years who brought less to the show in terms of entertainment, strategy, and even challenge performance. The fact that he's the second-oldest contestant ever and made it to the final five in one of the most physically intense seasons of all time speaks for itself. Besides, there's never been a season where everyone was a "contender."

JohnBeas likes this.
  20. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I agree 100%. He's made it this far by coasting and riding coattails. Giving up in a challenge is unforgivable in my book. Give him "kudos" for making it this far? I think not. Physically intense? How so? Because it's hot? Because Caleb was evacuated out after actually giving it everything HE had? People who coast and just go along with the majority suck in my opinion. PLAY the game! Be an Ozzie! He will make the final three but that's only because he won't get a single vote. From anyone!

rjp likes this.
  21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

yes it was very 'physically intense" and every time it was, joe gave up or slowed down or petered out.

sorry, but you never ever convince me on this one, he wasted a slot someone else could have had.

Tree of Life likes this.
  22. anthontherun

The funny thing is, the only other 70something contestant ever, Rudy from the first season, was universally beloved and one of the most popular players of all time, even though he pretty much played the exact same way as Joe: a very low-key loyal alliance member who had someone tell him how to vote each time and went along with it. Hell, he also gave up on challenges.

It's hard for me to consider anyone who doesn't quit the game as "wasting a slot." Doesn't mean they aren't a dud, but not everyone needs to be a strategic mastermind or challenge powerhouse or over-the-top camera hog. If you look at the history of this show, Joe wouldn't even be in the top (bottom?) 50 casting mistakes.

23. rjp

rjp Senior Member

well, i will truly be disappointed in all things survivor if joe makes it to the final three....he plain and simply just does not deserve to be there....the other 4, however, all deserve to be there, and it will be sad to see either tai or michelle not make it with aubrey and cydney (i'm guessing here, but it is an educated and confident guess) making the final three contain one beauty, one brain, and one brawn!

24. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

He's number 1 in my opinion.

Survivor as much as I love it, really needs to rethink how they cast, how they start the game off, how they merge and how hard it is to find an Idol. (BTW, it isn't hard at all!)

25. anthontherun

Just out of curiosity, how well do you remember previous seasons? It's all relative of course, but off the top of my head I could easily list at least 10 people who made it as far as Joe has who are either A) less entertaining, B) less strategic, or C) equally bad or worse in challenges.

JohnBeas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.