Survivor Cambodia: Season 31

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I for one was glad to see her go. She sucks at the game both in challenges & around camp and for the life of me have no clue as to why she was voted back to play again. Maybe ballot stuffing by family members possibly? Why do smart people make stupid choices? Like Spencer aligning himself with her in the first place knowing she's useless as all get out. I like Spencer and I hope with this breaking up of tribes into 3, he's smart enough to align himself with someone like Joe and go far. I'm hoping they also throw another twist in like sending someone to redemption Island to work their way back into the game later. If I were Joe or Spencer, I would go there just so I could sned them home one by one just like the greatest player in survivor did...OZZY!

2. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

He's a snake, the worst possible kind.

3. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I wasn't happy with the thought initially of splitting into three groups at this point, but I have to admit after seeing the outcome I'm thrilled with it. Joe should be fairly safe to keep his group winning immunity. Except for Wu, that group stuck with the short straw are just the people I'm glad are suffering with the shake-up. Leave it to them to come out with such a screwy vote-out outcome as well.

rburly and xdawg like this.
  4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

God help Wu! He has pi$$ed off the diva!

rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I was sort of surprised by the lack of comments about the Wednesday's show, but the main 'controversy' was the voting out of PG vs. Abi. I thought it would be a no-brainer that Abi would go, but I wasn't paying full attention to how many of her old tried were on the new one. I was surprised to see PG voted off, and said that to a friend, but he said he thought that PG thought she was better than everyone which I hadn't seen, so we didn't have much more to talk about.

I'm good with the 3 tribes. I think it will be seriously interesting when they start getting down to lower numbers because most of the people left are good players and it'll be interesting how it all plays out. Who will stab whom in the back?!

applebonkerz likes this.
  6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

How is Abi still around? Man, I can't stand her. I'm amazed a viewers vote included her for this season.

We're watching this season, but I'm multitasking through it, pretty much.

7. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I'm guessing everyone is eyeing her to be the one to take to the end. She will probably get no jury votes.

rburly likes this.
  8. applebonkerz

That's a lonnnnnggggg time to have to suffer living with a person like that around... there has to be better options for the end game.

Atmospheric, Tree of Life and rburly like this.
  9. applebonkerz

The rat or Abi would have made more sense to go. There were 4 vs 2 tribe-wise, now it's technically 3 vs 2, but with the nonsense flip it seems Wu is now without a tribe left so 4 vs 1. The two outsiders somehow were able to be in charge. I didn't see what your friend is talking about PG, she seemed no worse than any of the rest. As I said before, I look forward to that little band of dimwits having a long losing streak ahead of them. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

That's my thinking as well, as I'm sure she'd get zip, nada, zilch. However...
    ...that's the big question: Can you survive on Survivor taking Abi to the end, or will you end up taking a machete to your head before you get there? For me...machete.

Kyhl and rburly like this.
  11. rburly

That's what my friend said. He said, "Who would you rather have to go up against at the end?" The thing is that it's too far away to think like that right now.

applebonkerz likes this.
  12. rburly

I thought that 'rat' would be the easy choice to make that close to tribal council. I remember him saying that the two outsiders were the ones in power and would be the deciding factor in who went home.

This is another case of us not having all the information based on the editing to see how they made their decisions. The producers want it to be a surprised which adds to the excitement of watching each week.

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Just got around to this episode. I think PG screwed herself by being so dead set on voting against Abi. Natasha and Terry wanted to vote out Varner, and that would have been a good move. But when she told them she was voting for Abi no matter what, they didn't think they could count on her as she was obviously playing emotionally. I didn't like PG and find Abi more entertaining, so that was fine with me, but they really should have gotten rid of "the rat".

My favorite part of tribal is seeing the "Wu face". That's the face he seems to make at every single tribal, as he never is clued in to what is going on and always seems completely surprised. When the second vote for PG was read and he realized things weren't going as he expected, we got a good partial Wu-Face, and then with each additional PG vote, the Wu-Face got more confused.

rburly and Scotian like this.
  14. John54

John54 Senior Member

Wu-Face would be a good name for a rock band.

rburly and Tree of Life like this.
  15. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

I really can't stand watching Abi play this game.

Tree of Life likes this.
  16. applebonkerz

It's inconceivable to me that Abi wouldn't be the next to go if that team loses again--which they are very likely to do. At least they used a little bit of sense with the vote last night.

17. applebonkerz

I was surprised Joe's team didn't have him be the "one man competitor" for the reward. But he basically came back and filled that role for immunity. It was like he could see through the blindfold or something to do that all himself.

rburly and xdawg like this.
  18. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Yes, that was pretty impressive.

19. rburly

I almost couldn't believe that Abi would stay last night, but I understand why Varner would be voted off. I agree, Abi should be the next from that team to go.

20. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

We're having trouble figuring out the point of having one tribe with absolutely no food or shelter, or, apparently, any way of getting it from its camp area. Seems a bit strange....Did like the "one person does the challenge" twist, though.

21. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

I thought the same thing

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

abi-marie has to go.........the most annoying player in the history of survivor.

if they lose again, and vote off woo, they are certifiably insane.

Tree of Life, jriems and applebonkerz like this.
  23. agentalbert

When the reward challenged and Joe and Wu were NOT picked to be the one man team, I thought perhaps the teams were thinking the guy used in that challenge might not be available for the immunity challenge. In the immunity challenge, I really think Joe could partially see through his blindfold. He was going at an all out sprint sometimes.

applebonkerz likes this.
  24. John54

John54 Senior Member

I like where Tanya wrote "Jeff (not Probst)" on her vote.

Has anyone ever responded to "the tribe has spoken" with "I'm aware of that"? I would totally say that.

25. agentalbert

Yeah, I liked that too.

I like seeing the people try to grab the idols during challenges. The guy who did it this episode wasn't even subtle, but I guess that just goes to show how wrapped up in the challenge everyone is, and they have no idea there can even be an idol in the challenge. I think this will only work this season, as any new players will know there might be an idol and they'll be watching everyone more closely.

Oh, I think there's been far worse than her. Lil' Hantz comes to mind from recent seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.