Survivor Cambodia: Season 31

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I really wanted Wiglesworth to win the challenge that inspired Jeff to use the phrase "wiggle room."

Not sure why I find that funny.

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Very happy with the outcome of the latest episode. Won't miss Kass and her self-aggrandizing nickname one bit.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

abi is still there...............

as are 4 alpha males, it will be very interesting to see how long it takes for the rest of them to start picking them off one by one.

i know its very early, but i can actually see a final four of wentworth, wigglesworth, kimmi, and fishface.

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

:p i made the same connection. made me smile.

Chaos Kass? more like dumbazz Kass. just terrible post merge strategy. can't say i'll miss her though.

Jamey K likes this.
  5. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Jeeze I sure hope not. That would be about the most disappointing final to this season I could imagine. :shake:

Tree of Life likes this.
  6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

oh, i totally agree, but with the way this season is going, and seeing how well these people know how to play, i can definitely see those 4 leaving sooner rather than later.

i think the worst thing joe could have done was win that challenge, and if he should also win the next one he is toast, because there is no way anyone is going to want him around in challenges when there are only 4 or 5 people left.

rburly likes this.
  7. applebonkerz

In that regard I don't think it really matters whether he wins the challenges or not. Everyone already knows how good he is at everything, and he will always be a prime target either way. Joe may as well go all out and win as much as he can, because without an immunity idol to pull out, winning the challenges is probably the only thing that will be able to keep him in the game long-term.

Tree of Life and rburly like this.
  8. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Interesting to see the vote tally at the end. Ciera not voting for Tasha as planned.
    I don't know why she wasted her vote on Savage.

9. agentalbert

I was curious about that too. My only guess was that she made some promise to Kass not to write her name and so threw her vote at Savage.

Or maybe she wanted to ensure Kass was gone, in the unlikely instance their minority group was able to actually sway Spencer or someone else to vote out Tash at tribal.

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Well, I think we were "edited" into thinking the 4 girls - Kass, Ciera, Kelley, and Abi - were all on the same page, and were hoping to land Spencer to get them to a majority 5 votes for Tasha.

Based on the fact that Kelley voted for Kass, and Ciera voted for Savage, it was pretty clear they realized they weren't going to get Spencer, so they just did their own thing.

I also noticed that Spencer did NOT vote for Kass, but rather voted for Ciera. It doesn't mean much, as the plan was to have 4 of their 9 vote for Ciera, but it does show that he was allowed to be on the Ciera side of the plan so he didn't have to actually cast a vote for Kass - might turn out to be important down the road, as Kass is the 1st member of the jury.

11. applebonkerz

Nevermind my last post, I see on the site, and her Pondersosa video, apparently Kass is on the jury. Okay then, good move for Spencer to not write her name.

:shrug:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  12. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I haven't re-watched it, but my clear memory is that he stated Kass would be the first member of the jury-- which stood out because it was so early in the process. So I'm pretty sure, but I'll get back to you when I confirm.

13. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

He definitely did.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/04/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-episode-7

Quote from EW story:

"The twists just keep on coming. Just a few days after Survivor unleashed yet another tribe switcheroo on the Second Chance contestants, Jeff Probst forced the players to adapt once again when he announced a merge with 13 players left in the game.

That led to the biggest (in terms of population) Survivor Tribal Council ever, which was the first step in what will also lead to the biggest Survivor jury ever, as the person voted off also became the first of what will be a 10 person jury. And that person was Kass McQuillen."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  14. applebonkerz

I see, but I really don't recall hearing him actually say it. Maybe something else distracted me that very moment, or maybe I was just so happy that she was gone I stopped listening. :)

15. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Probably the latter. :goodie:

Here's the eviction. Probst says she's the first member of the jury at about 2:30:

applebonkerz likes this.
  16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I didn't hear it when it was on either. I think I was probably thinking also that I was happy that it was Kass being voted out. I see it above, but don't remember hearing it.

applebonkerz likes this.
  17. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I was hoping Tasha would have written her vote as "kASS". I have no problem with the end result though.

Tree of Life and agentalbert like this.
  18. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Joe, like Ozzy is damn near unbeatable in challenges. Man, that guy is a beast!

I was glad to see Kass hit the highway. A real witch and and no redeemable qualities about her.

Better wise up and get Fishback out. Like Varner, he's snake in the grass #2.

applebonkerz likes this.
  19. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Wow. Tonight's Survivor lesson: ALWAYS split the vote, people!

Now there's a trio of cocky, annoying women I can't stand - Abi's no longer alone. Hope to see them all next to kASS very soon.

20. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

A pretty exciting & dramatic tribal council tonight. The thing that bugs me about it though is that these people seem to consider themselves great strategists & students of the game but isn't it simple Survivor 101 to split the vote in case someone has an immunity idol? A pretty stupid move putting them all on one person.

xdawg likes this.
  21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

You beat me to it by one minute. It's stupid moves like that that makes me wonder how legit this show is. Great entertainment & a good water cooler moment (if people still discuss this show the day after anymore outside of here) but would these people really make such an amateurish mistake like that?

22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Agreed. This is the 30th season, and something like that happens? Clearly, we weren't privy to a lot of what went on beyond the edit, but some of it must have been overconfidence by the majority voting block that no one had an idol. Just stupid overconfidence.

23. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I was saying the same thing as the votes were being read. On top of that, I suspected that Savage was going to get the three bottom feeder votes based on the attention he was given ahead of the TC.

24. agentalbert

Good move by Kelly. I kinda like her, so I'm glad she knew when to use the idol, but I didn't want Savage gone either. Wish they would have voted out Fishback like they planned. Sucks for Savage, as he got burnt by his alliance not taking his advice. I wonder what the most votes nullified by one idol is. 9 has to be up there.

Kass was her typically class self when she came to watch tribal, flipping the bird at I'm not sure who - Tasha, Savage, everyone in general other than the bottom feeder ladies?

applebonkerz likes this.
  25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

stunning stupidity last night.

however, kudos to wentworth for telling absolutely no one that she had the idol and that is what saved her and precipitated the unanimous vote IMHO., i don't think jeremy has told anyone either.

fishback and abi are still there, that in itself shows how much the game has changed, in the old days they would have been the first 2 gone. the game has evolved into one in which you have to thing long term rather than short term, who do you want sitting with you at the end has become the goal. along with, getting he power players out as soon as you can: so the weak people now band together against the strong to get them out.

because of this, sadly i can foresee a final 3 of abi, fishback and wigglesworth or keith.

next week you be assured that if joe doesn't win immunity he is gone, and if he does, wentworth sealed her fate last night and will be out if joe loses immunity.

following joe, jeremy and spencer will go if they don't win immunity. of course wentworth, abi and cierra are also on the block.

tasha might sneak through by flying under the radar like keith is doing, but i doubt it, she is too vocal to stay quiet for long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.