Survivor: Game Changers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

predictions for tonight?
    i have a bad record for predicting Survivor winners but i'm picking Cirie.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i think sarah set cirie up......just to see if she would turn on her...and she DID! cirie then backpedaled trying to save face, but i think that officer sarah is much much smarter than cirie gives her credit for.

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

tonight has quite few possible scenarios:

first tribal:
    tai plays an idol
    troy plays an idol
    sarah has her secret immunity advantage that only can be used at 6 players
    one of the other 3 wins immunity

only 2 possibilities to go home

also:
    tai plays an idol
    troy plays an idol
    sarah plays her advantage

and

one of the 3 of them wins immunity, setting up tai for a sure final 3 if he wins...troy to the final 4 if he wins....and sarah having to give it away because she already has it. sarah's best play tonight in the first immunity will be to gag it and save her energy for the next 2.

the previews made it look as though tai does something stupid with his idols, but i do not subscribe to that at all....he has been more than protective of them up to now, no way he is giving them away...although if he wins immunity he could give that away.

all in all it should be a very interesting 2 hours and 10 minutes.

the reunion shows have slipped a lot in the last few years, no more favorite player and they rarely talk to more than a few people, the rest are jsut window dressing.

4. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

That would be about the last person I would expect to win, even if she is in the final 3, and it would be a wholly undeserved win in this season IMO.

Sarah or Tai seem more likely to me.

5. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Sarah has been getting a lot of camera time, which makes me believe she might be getting the winner's edit.

Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  6. applebonkerz

The right outcome triumphed. I'm happy with the way this ended, all things considered. My main beef is with the final challenge--yet another athletic/obstacle/puzzle challenge again?o_O
    My view is the final challenge should always be some sort of challenging endurance. Who has the mental fortitude to will themselves through the pain the longest. Who wants it that badly that they will hang in as long as it takes to win. Everyone already well knew who can maneuver obstacles and solve puzzles, that had been done to death this season already. Standing up on a high, small pole for a few hours. Or any number of other simple tasks that having to do over an extended time can get grueling to keep your mind off the discomfort, and concentrated on lasting the longest to secure your final placement. Those are actual final immunity worthy challenges.

I liked the discussion format of final tribal, that was a good change.

7. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

I was fine with the final outcome. After ruminating on the remaining players for a week, I thought that the eventual winner was the one who deserved it out of the final 6.

BTW, Debbie needs to be banned from all future Survivor episodes. I can't even stand the sight of her - then she opens her mouth and says words! :hurl:

Texastoyz, Linger63 and Humbuster like this.
  8. John54

John54 Senior Member

I also am happy with the outcome, and the best player of the final six deservedly won it.

And the final tribal council discussion format was a very interesting -- and successful -- change of pace.

Kyhl, Humbuster and xdawg like this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I wasn't paying attention when Probst announced the new final council questions. I thought Culpepper had it locked with 5 immunity wins. Something was discussed and it obviously was Sarah who explained why she should win and everyone was in agreement. It kind of shocked me at first. Can't wait till September.

10. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

If I was in the final three pleading my case to the jury, I would have totally blew my chance to win because my brain would have been fixated on how hot Aubrey was after she cleaned up.

11. jmobrien68

Probst really is the MVP of this show... he is terrific.

Linger63 likes this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

major f**k-up from culpepper......if he brings tai with him, he wins.

sarah is deserving, but i could have accepted culpepper too.

can't wait til next season.

13. jmobrien68

On the reunion show, Culpepper looked like he was auditioning for a role in Season 2 of 'Vice Principals' with Danny McBride and Walton Goggins.

rjp and Humbuster like this.
  14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

He kinda had an 'angry-'70's-era-Bill-Murry-thing' going on there.

Linger63 likes this.
  15. applebonkerz

Everything I hated about Culpepper his first time playing--which he had done well hiding up to last night--came roaring back out finally. I think that was a major turn-off to the jury, and rightly so. He almost had me fooled that he had changed over the years to becoming a fairly decent person, but that cocky bully was still right there all along after all. He even lost Ozzy's hypothetical Tai final re-vote.

The real person always seems to come out of people under stress, and also under the feeling of safe invincibility.

rburly likes this.
  16. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

As rjp said, Culpepper blew it by not taking Tai to the final 3. He was too confident and let his ego get in the way.

When the season began i would've guessed that Sara would be lucky to make the jury. but she made a lot of moves and and she out-lawyered the lawyer in the final tribal. when she explained how she used her police skills to help her in the game i felt like she was going to win at that point. kudos to Sara.

Troyzan- another in a long line of people who made the final who thought they had a chance to win but in reality never had a chance.

when you have 5 out of 6 people immune from the vote and the 6th person didn't receive a vote....as Jessie Pinkman said 'that's messed up yo!'

Linger63 likes this.
  17. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I never understood the affinity to Cirie in this game. I'd put Troyzan ahead of her. She's a likeable person but she has never been able to do challenges, help out around camp, or find an idol. Without those things it is hard to persuade others into voting or an alliance. Anyone can do dishes and get water. Being likeable she was able to sway some people once in a while because of her personality, which is great, but personality doesn't win survivor, as we've seen.

Tree of Life likes this.
  18. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

Long time fan of this show but Survivor lost me at the "outing Zeke' episode and haven't watched it since. Saw a news clip on my feed this morning about who won so I figured I'd check it out.... a 1:30 video story, about 10 seconds on the winner and the rest of the time about what happened to Zeke on the show and his future plans in TV. I think there is your real winner.

jriems likes this.
  19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

As he told "us" before the final TC, he doesn't need the money, he's an ex-NFL quarterback. He went overboard from what I saw. I would have liked for him to win it all, but he blew it his last day.

20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

he is an ex-NFL defensive lineman....you are think of dante culpepper the ex-minnnesota vikings QB.

rburly likes this.
  21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i agree:

cirie never won a challenge (individual), never found an idol, never went to look for wood or essentials. she did dishes and ate.

nice lady, absolutely. survivor royalty, no way, no how.

Kyhl and jriems like this.
  22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

This is the bottom line. If Brad had taken Tai instead of Sarah, he'd be the clear winner. It was in his hands, and he blew it. He didn't deserve to win after making that critical of a mistake.

I'm OK with the outcome, and think Sarah was the most deserving. She played a really good game and made some very bold moves that never managed to ostracize her. That's pretty spiffy right there.

I also avoided the reunion show like the plague due to the obligatory "outing" follow-up drama.

An OK but not great season overall.

Kyhl likes this.
  23. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

24. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I'm with you on this one. While I understand the likability of Cirie, especially in her first season, she just seems like an overall weak player who only survives by not being a threat. The one time she really tried to do something this season, it backfired (mostly because she didn't bother to read the writing on Sarah's hidden advantage). I can't believe they allowed her to play four seasons, three of which have been very weak. I guess that being a "fan favorite" counts for something.

It was interesting to hear at the reunion show how they would break a tie vote for the finale, if one ever occurred. I figured that would remain a secret until the day it was needed. (For those that didn't see it, the person in the final three who is not part of the tie casts the deciding vote.)

Tree of Life and Kyhl like this.
  25. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

They only gave about a minute to Varner, who reiterated the fact that he is a tool by spending the time talking about himself and how he has bounced back, new job, brought his clients with him, and his book deal. :rolleyes:

There was a couple minutes on Zeke. There had to be some follow up discussion but I didn't think it was over the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.